Shortcode conflict on Community Events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Shortcode conflict on Community Events page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Gray
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a footer being added onto every page through inserting the content from another page…

<?php
     $id = '7710';
     $p = get_page($id);
     echo apply_filters('the_content', $p->post_content);
     ?>

However, it works on every page other than the Add an Event page, where it’s just displaying the shortcode that’s the page content, instead of displaying what should be shown – see here: https://aquaphysical.com/classes/community/add

How do I get this to work?

Also, is there not a better way of managing this page through a shortcode on another page or something? Or does it have to appear the way it does…

Cheers,
    Matt

Cliff

Hi, Matt.

The Community Events “pages” really aren’t regular WordPress Pages.

Debug Bar or Simply Show Hooks (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) may be helpful to you in your development.

The ‘tribe_events_community_form_after_template’ action hook may be what you’d need to use for your footer. It’s from /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

===

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/4959305-shortcode-for-community-events

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode conflict on Community Events page’ is closed to new replies.