Shortcode and Page Refresh

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode and Page Refresh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Hi-

I have a question regarding using the Shortcode for “Events” on a page. I am using it in a college site for a course of study program. When you refresh the page with the calendar shortcode on it, it redirects to an “Events” page and leaves the program page that the visitor is on.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening. This makes the shortcode not as user-friendly as I had hoped.

Here is a link to the Test page that the shortcode is being used on. Please scroll below the equipment list.

https://www.machiningindanville.com/calendar-test/

Thanks for any incite and help. This is a great plugin and we have already used it with great success with another client and would like to do the same with this one.

-Mark

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Thanks for coming back to us! 🙂

I tried the link you sent and I don’t see the redirect you mention. I even tried it with Chrome and Firefox. Did you manage to fix your issue?

Please let us know about it so we can further assist you in case needed.

Best!

Victor

Mark
    Participant

Hi Victor-

Thanks for getting back to me. It’s still occurring. See the attached screen grabs.

The sequence of clicks that leads to the issue is when I first hit the page everything looks fine. I see March. When I click to view April the calendar still looks fine. The issue occurs when I refresh the page while any month other than the initial month is on screen. It takes me to a default calendar view with a sidebar and wipes out the page content above the calendar.

I’m using Chrome but it occurs in Firefox and Safari as well.

Please advise.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Thanks for clearing that out. I can see the behaviour now.

Unfortunately, that is a known issue and the team is already aware of it. I have set the status of this thread to “Pending fix” and linked it to the bug report so we will let you know as soon as a bug fix is released.

As a sidenote, that behaviour will only happen when using the [tribe_events] shortcode. Not with the main calendar.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Let me know if there is any other questions.

Best!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode and Page Refresh’ is closed to new replies.