Shortcode Alternative

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Shortcode Alternative

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi there,

I’m hoping to purchase the Pro Edition of the calendar ASAP (and await, fingers crossed the inclusion of an iCal auto sync solution) but before purchasing, I’ve been trialling the Demo to ensure it’s fit for my requirement.

The first requirement was for the calendar to display individual category content. I’ve achieved this by allowing a different url (URL/calendar/category/*categoryname*/) for each category.

I now need to embed each one within the website – as per this screen;

http://s23.postimg.org/tzyht5avf/Screen1.png (Theme: metrostyle)

Unfortunately, in the absence of shortcodes, despite literally hours of searching and reading, all proposed solutions are too technical for me. If someone could kindly explain how to insert this calendar (showing selected individual categories) into a pre existing page, I’d be massively grateful. The existing documentation is way over my head and I’d need a novice guide – I’m sure it would be very well received for others like me. I’ll purchase the very second I can see the calendar on an existing page.

If I can’t work it out I’ll reluctantly have to revert back to time.ly’s solution *shudders.

Thanks

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

I’m sorry, but the way our plugin is currently designed, what you want to do does require digging into the code a bit to make some customizations. The relevant documentation can be found at http://docs.tri.be/, but it sounds like that might not be the way you want to go.

One thing that might help you, though, is that we are working on a filter bar that could assist in what you are trying to accomplish. It’s currently in beta, but you can check out a preview here: https://theeventscalendar.com/filter-bar-a-video-preview/.

I’m sorry that the plugin doesn’t do what you would like as it currently stands. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

— Julie

Daniel

Thanks for the attempt to Julie,

The lack of integration is a real shame. I’ll find an alternative and check back in a year or so to see how this product is getting along. Hopefully by then it’ll be more user-friendly and have iCal Sync.

You can close this.

Thanks

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Daniel,

I appreciate your understanding. We are working on improving and expanding the plugins every day. Thanks for your interest.

Good luck in the meantime and do check back!

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode Alternative’ is closed to new replies.