Shortcode

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mishkat
    Participant

Hello,

How can I embed the plugin on a different page exactly how it shows on the events page?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi There,

Thanks for emailing support and the question. In order to add the shortcode for the standard events page you would add this in the text field of that page: [tribe_events]

Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks,
    Brendan

mishkat
    Participant

Yes but a couple things are missing that are on the events page.

• The filter bar is not there with that shortcode
    • The calendar is month view but I would like list view

Thank you for your reply

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You are correct the filter bar is not an option at this time. However its been requested and you can vote on it here 

Thanks,

Brendan

mishkat
    Participant

The voting thing has been up since January 2017. That tells me two things: 1) its there to distract me on my issue, 2) That you guys dont take the voting thing seriously because it’s almost a year and you guys haven’t implemented the fix.

I still need assistance if there’s no special shortcode to get this fixed.

How can I add sidebars to the events page? and How can I modify that page if I want to add text above and below the calendar etc? and How can I add a slider to that page?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We do take voting seriously and encourage anyone to vote. The more votes something receives the greater chance we will devote resources to add the functionality.

In regards to adding a sidebar, this would have to be done by modify the template.

The first thing you need to do is to get familiar with our template / view customization operates.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Once that is done, you will need to edit the single page template in a similar fashion as described here: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/custom-sidebar/

Finally, you will need to upload the modified template file not only in the tribe-events folder, but in the right sub-folder within it (following the same path as it is found under the /views/ folder in the Events Calendar)

Thanks,
    Brendan

mishkat
    Participant

Is there an ETA on the completion of that feature?

Is there a way where I can add that filter bar on a page temporarily because of the work required with the other method?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on this feature. The only way to add it would be to get someone to add custom code. Let me know if you need a list of trusted companies that make customizations with our plugins.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.