shortcode

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions shortcode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard J Blamire

I currently have the free version fo the event calendar and it is excellent for displaying the events we want.

However, we want to hide the calendar behind a password. Normally, when we want to password protect content and pages we would set up an extranet scenario and password protect certain pages. Trouble is the events calendar(s) “pages” are not actual WP posts or pages so we cannot control it in that manner.

Would a solution be to add the calendar to a traditional WP page using shortcodes? (PRO version needed I guess?)

Or do you have an other solution?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Richard and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Trouble is the events calendar(s) “pages” are not actual WP posts or pages so we cannot control it in that manner.

That is correct, our main calendar uses WordPress Archives to display.

Would a solution be to add the calendar to a traditional WP page using shortcodes? (PRO version needed I guess?)

Absolutely. Grabbing a copy of the Events Calendar Pro and using full view shortcodes will work like a charm: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Another solution would be to use the Events Calendar’s SAAS sibling: Loxi (https://loxi.io/)
    Since a Loxi calendar can be embedded on any page it will also work.

As a side note, we offer Migration from the Events Calendar to Loxi for free 🙂

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘shortcode’ is closed to new replies.