Shortcode does not work on Events page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shortcode does not work on Events page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    avwebmaster
    Participant

How can I get text and shortcode to work on the Events page:

Upcoming Events

It won’t even let me use a sidebar or any kind of widget. Is that normal? What can I do?
    I’m using Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro 3.6 (if I deactivate the first I get nothing.

Barry

Hi – you’ve raised a few points here so let me try to answer them in turn. However, I want to focus primarily on the shortcode issue in this thread. If you need further help with anything else, please do post separate threads for each individual issue (this just helps to minimize confusion and also helps us to serve everyone as quickly and fairly as we can).

How can I get text and shortcode to work on the Events page:
    http://sacredactivations.com/upcoming-events

By default excerpts are used in this view. As with excerpts generally in the WordPress world, styling is removed and shortcodes are not acted upon. You can certainly elect to either display the full event description (formatting, shortcodes and all) or else replace WordPress’s own excerpt handling with something custom of your own.

If you’re interested in either of those options we can definitely point you in the right direction 🙂

It won’t even let me use a sidebar or any kind of widget. Is that normal? What can I do?

A lot depends on your theme, here, but often the easiest way to start tackling this is visit the Events > Settings > Display admin screen and change the default template setting. For instance, you might find that there is no sidebar with the Default Events Template but there is if you use the Default Page Template.

I’m using Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro 3.6 (if I deactivate the first I get nothing.

That’s expected: Events Calendar PRO builds upon and extends The Events Calendar – but The Events Calendar must be present as it very much provides a necessary foundation for PRO.

Does that help?

avwebmaster
    Participant

Oh, man, I just found out how to do this and it was right in front of my all the time. One just simply has to drop html including shortcode into “Add HTML before event content”. Perfect. It doesn’t matter what you set which page default to (which didn’t work anyway, but I’ve never tried the selections before, so cheers. But it’s good to know that both plugins are necessary. Was that somewhere in the documentation and I missed it?
    Yes, it all helped.

Barry

Awesome, glad you’re all sorted 🙂

But it’s good to know that both plugins are necessary. Was that somewhere in the documentation and I missed it?

We do cover this in our New User Primer – the first section explains the activation process and having The Events Calendar present alongside Events Calendar PRO is a part of that.
    If you feel it isn’t clear enough we’re definitely open to suggestions for improvement, though.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode does not work on Events page’ is closed to new replies.