Shared capacity not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shared capacity not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I am using shared capacity for tickets. And the shared capacity is not working. For example i have event x which have ticket types a,b and c. These tickets share the same capacity of 20 tickets. If customer is buying type Ax2 ticket it will show in front end the following:

A 18 tickets available
    B 20 tickets available
    C 20 tickets available

And these are sharing same capacity. So the correct capacity would be 18 for all of the events. In the backend however the capacity is showing correctly, i do not know if it is going to be oversold or what, but anyways. This is kind a major problem for me as all my events share capacity with other ticket types.

I am making some tests myself but i really need help with this one.

Thanks.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

What i have found out so far is that this only affecting front end. It is just showing wrong quota for the tickets. If it runs out i am not able to buy tickets over the shared capacity. And most interesting is that i have some old tickets where the capacity is working and showing correctly?

I will investigate more, hopefully you have some ideas for this.

thanks.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

It seems that it is not removing the quantity from other products. It leaves the stock unchanged from the other tickets with in same shared capacity.

thanks.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I think it is a problem with my own customisations in the child theme, i will let you know if this is not the case.

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry for the delayed response here, but I am glad that you were able to narrow down the source of the issue! We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for conflicts and customizations, but please let me know if you get stuck – I’ll try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The problem was that my version in child theme of your plugin files were a bit outdated. Your version number of tickets.php was higher than in my child theme. It does not make any warning of outdated child theme file? It seems i have to be checking these files through after an update…

Anyways the case is solved.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m glad you were able to get this figured out. If you have copied templates into your child theme to make edits, you will not see any notices about those specific template files being outdated. However, you shouldn’t need to update them separately each time you update the plugin. After several plugin updates, if you start to see problems again, it may be a good idea to check the template file again.

If you run into any further issues, please feel free to open up a new thread!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Shared capacity not working’ is closed to new replies.