Shared capacity for multi-day events does not make sense

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Shared capacity for multi-day events does not make sense

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi there,

lets say you have a 2-day event at a location with 100 seats. You want to sell these types of tickets:

• 1-day pass (Friday)
    • 1-day pass (Saturday)
    • 2-day pass (for both Friday and Saturday)

So you set the shared capacity to 100 tickets.

Then people buy 50 1-day passes for Friday.

That means your capacity is:
    – Friday – 50 available seats
    – Saturday – 100 available seats (since no one has bought a 2-day pass or a 1-day pass for Saturday yet)

But this is not what happens with Events Tickets Pro. Instead, the shared capacity gets reduced to 50 and now there are only 50 available tickets for Saturday also. This does not make sense.

Is there a way to how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Lubo

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Lubo,

Just to make sure I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re looking for:

-Buying a 2-day ticket would need to reduce the stock of both of the 1-day tickets, but

-Buying a 1-day ticket should not reduce the stock of the other 1-day ticket

-Buying a 1-day ticket should reduce the stock of the 2-day ticket

I believe this level of complexity is a bit beyond the capabilities of the current shared capacity functionality…If you’re using shared capacity for all 3 tickets, there isn’t a way to have a ticket sale reduce the capacity of one ticket that’s sharing capacity but not another.

You can try using the “Sell up to” feature to set a limit on how many of each ticket type can be purchased (and increasing the shared capacity), but I tried out a few scenarios in my local environment and was not able to find one that fit these requirements.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better solution for you here, but I would definitely recommend posting this as a feature request over in our Feature Ideas Forum, which is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

As an alternative, you might try using a third-party plugin to extend the default WooCommerce coupon functionality to allow users to apply coupons when buying both tickets or to automatically apply a discount when both tickets are added to the cart. I did a quick search and found these:

WooCommerce Discount Rules

WooCommerce Bulk Discount

Dynamic Pricing and Discounts for WooCommerce

I hope this is helpful, and please let me know if you have any questions or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for!

Thanks,

Jennifer

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

yes, thats exactly how it should work. I will add it as a feature request as you suggest. Thanks.

Lubo

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, thanks Lubo! You might also want to post the link here so that any other users who may be looking for this same functionality can vote for the request.

If there’s anything else I can help you with in the meantime, please let me know!

evolutionstartup
    Participant
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Perfect, thanks Lubo!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Shared capacity for multi-day events does not make sense’ is closed to new replies.