Share events across sites on a multisite network

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Share events across sites on a multisite network

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Carden

I really want to use the events calendar on my WP multisite network but I need to be able to share events across the network. Is it possible to share events across sites? Or, say, manage all the events in the main site but only show specific ones on the subsites per a taxonomy?

Do you think I could I filter the query on a subsite to query the main site for events?

I’d really love for all the subsites to have their own calendar and then all of the events across the network show up on the main site but I’ll deal with whichever direction works/takes the least trickery.

Geoff

Hi Rachel and thanks for reaching out! I’m so glad you’re checking out The Events Calendar and hope it’s a good fit. 🙂

While managing events across a multisite is not technically a feature that is offered, it would certainly be possible to achieve it with iCal Importer. Basically, you can install the importer on the sites that you are feeding to and set the importer to run on an automated daily (or even hourly) basis. That would keep keep all sites in sync with one site acting as the primary source. Plus, you could continue to use The Events Calendar on those other sites to add events that are specific to just those sites.

I do wonder if there is another way this could be handled and would be interested to pick your brain a bit to see how that sort of feature would work for you because I could see it being useful for other educational sites as well. We may reach out to you directly, if you don;t mind. 🙂

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know!

Thanks,
    Geoff

Rachel Carden

Hi Geoff! Thanks for the info! This might work. I got your follow up email and look forward to chatting about some more possible solutions.

Thanks!

Geoff

Excellent, thanks for following up! Talk again soon. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Share events across sites on a multisite network’ is closed to new replies.