Several Questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Several Questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I really appreciate your feedback to everyone’s questions, it’s quite respectable! I don\’t have too many issues with TEC so far. (Knock on wood)

Every time an event is created I get a new organizer and venue stored. Now I have about 30 of the same organizer and 30 of the same venue. I don’t know how to prevent this. That’s the only buggy thing I’ve got and I have a feeling it\’s just something that\’s simple.

Righto. Here are a couple things I would like to do but don’t know how.
    Is there a way to get the map and the featured image come below the event page info as opposed to right on the top.

The advanced event widget, is there a way for it to show a thumbnail of the featured image?

Lastly, the grid view of the calendar has the header which allows you to go to the next month, select a month etc. Is there a way to have this show up on the bottom of the calendar as well as the top?

I did go through the forums on WordPress and here on tri.be and did not see an answer to these questions. My apologies if they are there and I missed them.

Thanks again for this plugin, it looks cool, I think.

Rob

Hey Will, thanks for the words. We do what we can 🙂

Re: the venues/organizers: that sounds like a new issue. As it stands, we’re aware of a bug that doesn’t save venue/organizer data if you didn’t enter a name for it; and on migrated events, dual organizer/venue entries getting created. But I’m unable to recreate the first issue. What’s your recurrence pattern (if there is one) you’re using to configure this? Let me know steps for recreating and I’ll do what I can.

On the map/featured image below the event page (assuming you mean the entry body text) should be doable – I’ll get our dev Jonah to chime in with that one.

Yup, you should be able to get the widget to show the thumbnail for the NEXT EVENT widget here: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-show-featured-thumbnails-in-the-next-events-widget/. Does that point you in the right direction to make similar modifications to the ADVANCED LIST widget?

The last point (month navigators below the calendar as well as the top) is another one I’ll need Jonah to help out on. I’ve sent this his way accordingly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Will,

On the featured image – first make sure you are overriding the ECP templates by creating an ‘events’ folder in your theme directory and then place a duplicate copy of views/single.php in there. That way when you update your changes will remain!

Then, around line 90 take the code:

if ( function_exists('has_post_thumbnail') && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
    the_post_thumbnail();
    }

and place it below the_content() or wherever else you want it to appear… That should work but let me know if run into any issues.

On getting the next/prev month links at the bottom first make a duplicate copy of gridview.php in that same ‘events’ folder and then find the code around line 33 that looks like this: http://pastebin.com/ZHaZ1Pkf

And move that chunk of code wherever you want into the footer. You might have to do a little CSS’ing to get it looking right though…

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Will
    Participant

I will work at this guys. Thanks for the replies. I’m admittedly fumbling around in the dark pulling levers pretty much. 🙂

Rob

Hey Will. We’re here to help – if anything else comes up along the way just holler and we’ll do what we can to assist.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Several Questions’ is closed to new replies.