several pre-sale questions p6

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions several pre-sale questions p6

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    george

1)
    aggregator – is it possible to import 200-400 pasts events by ID URL at once ?

2)
    both pas and future events will be imported ? i really need to import past events,

3)
    same licence for “aggregator” can work on two different websites : website A and website B ?

4)
    is it possible to have two separate websites A and B with Event Calendar.
    so each website has it’s own events.

what is the best way to display : events from A @ B and events from B @ A website.
    is it possible to cross display this way in both calendar and list modes ?

5) at your demo site.
    i tried to put Spain in Search for Location, but id don’t show results.
    when i search for Barcelona which is the city in Spain it shows in results.
    i think it is a bug because BCN is in Spain and all events in BCN shall be displayed when you query for Spain.

6)
    i am considering to buy FILTER plugin.
    a) is it possible to use filter to display events from a choosen month (for example ) january 2018 ?

b) is it possible to use filter to display events from 2 choosen month (for example ) january and march 2018 ?

7) my events will have 2 categories; festival and party
    is it possible with filter to show only 1 of 2 categories ?

8) my events will have 5 tags; tag 1 , tag 2 etc
    is it possible with filter to show only certain of tags ?

9)
    you have documentation how to place functions.php file addons in order not to loose them during them update ?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Here we go.

1. Not sure what you mean by ID URL, but…

Yes, it should be possible to import 200-400 events, also past events, unless the source is Facebook. It goes from iCal, Google Cal and other Events Calendar sites, but not from Facebook.

2. Yes, both past and future, based on your import settings here and here.

3. You can use one EA license on 10 different domains. Subdomains are counted as separate.

4. You can’t cross display events. You should be able to do imports from A->B and B->A, though this scenario hasn’t been thoroughly tested.

5. Yes. The location search functionality depends heavily on a google api which we are unfortunately unable to influence and it results in glitches like you mentioned. However if you use “08009 Spain” you will get results.

6a. Yes, though searching for date is done with the default search bar.

The number or results depends on your per page setting under Events > Settings > General tab

6b. Not by default. See my note above at 6a. If there is 1 event in Jan, then future events will be shown until you reach the setting limit (10 by def.)

If you want to be able to filter by month(s) you will need to develop a custom filter.

7 and 8. Yes. Categories have url structure like this:

http://domain.com/events/category/{category-slug}

Same goes for tags.

With Filter bar you can filter for more categories / tags at the same time.

9. No specific documentation. Our general recommendation is to use a child theme and add any customizations of the functions.php file of the child theme. This way they will not get lost when your theme receives an update.

Cheers,
    Andras

george

1 ) and 2)
    i am interested in importing OLD facebook events:

use case:
    i have a collection of 400 link of past facebook events. Most of these links are still working.
    will i be able to import them :

a) to import them 1 by 1
    b) if i can copy paste all 400 links in one move and import it.

5 urls to import => https://pastebin.com/DL7drXxZ

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Thanks for clarifying your need.

Unfortunately there is no option to import Facebook events in bulk.

You would need to do a separate import for each past event.

There might be one other option, please give me some time to investigate. I’ll get back to you.

Cheers,
    Andras

george

i found another plugin that does the job, with small issues. but better then noting.
    if you don’t promose me alternative solution i will buy that plugin
    (it is called Import Facebook Events by XULUS)

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi George,

What I can offer you is the following: if you purchase an Event Aggregator license, then I can share with you a complementary copy of our legacy Facebook Events plugin which should allow you to bulk import past events by their ID.

Note however, that since Facebook Events is a legacy plugin which has been discontinued we don’t provide support for it.

Of course, I totally understand if you choose a different plugin.

Let me know your decision.

Cheers,
    Andras

george

a) so i understood you correctly EVENT aggregator don’t import past evens by id ?

b) with WP aggregator “personal” to how many pages i can subscribe to receive new events ? 100 ?

c) i know that WP aggregator will not import all future events, how long time in advance it search for evens from pages ? 3 month ? 6 month ?

d) can you test if you can import events from this page https://www.facebook.com/boomfestivalofficialpage/?ref=br_rs their event is in 22/07/2018

Andras
    Keymaster

a) so i understood you correctly EVENT aggregator don’t import past evens by id ?

You can import past Facebook events one-by-one based on their ID.

It is not possible at the moment to bulk import events by their ID.

b) with WP aggregator “personal” to how many pages i can subscribe to receive new events ? 100 ?

WP aggregator is not our product so I’m not sure what the limits are there. You would need to turn to the plugin developer for that.

With our Event Aggregator you can import from as many pages / urls as you want. With a personal license you can run 100 imports per day. That is if you are importing from a Facebook page / url that has 50 events, since it is one source, it counts as one import. You can find more details on this here.

c) i know that WP aggregator will not import all future events, how long time in advance it search for evens from pages ? 3 month ? 6 month ?

Not sure about WP aggregator.

Event Aggregator limits can be set up in the following manner:

• time limit: from 24 hours to 3 months in advance
    • number limit: from 50 to 4000 events
    • no limit (which is not recommended to avoid timeouts of large feeds)

d) can you test if you can import events from this page

I tested it and I can confirm that I could import that event in July 2018. (screenshot)

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘several pre-sale questions p6’ is closed to new replies.