Several days span in one event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Several days span in one event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Liz Koch
    Participant

I have this same issue. Some events are three or more days long and each day may have different times. And I also have reoccurring weekly events for a limited time. If I use the code posted then I couldn’t have the reoccurring events? It would seem that many people how do workshops would need this detail. Seems odd that it is missing from this Event plugin as it is so good for so many things.

Has anyone tested the code posted? I think for now I will just use a custom field for Schedule details, i.e. the break down of the schedule for each day. But it would be nice if there was more flexibility on events that span several days.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/similar-events-shown-in-a-series-how-to-display-all-datees-of-an-series/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/similar-events-shown-in-a-series-how-to-display-all-datees-of-an-series/

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Liz and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To answer your question, all that the posted code does is to ignore “related events” from the same events series  in single event view. It does not change your ability to have recurring events.

The code provided was a means to help Tom get started on the right track with his specific situation.

As you know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.
    As such, in full disclosure, I do not believe this snippet was tested, but it should provide a strong basis to work on 🙂

With that in mind, you will also be glad to know that we are working on a new feature that will change the appearance of events spanning across multiple days in the month view: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5318027-month-view-have-multi-day-events-span-the-cons

Finally, it does sound like you have a perfect solution figured out for your needs.
    But, in case that is not accurate, I will gladly recommend the best way to set up your events, provided you can provide me with the specifics of a sample event.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Liz Koch
    Participant

Thank you Geoff, it looks like the issue will be resolved with the new feature, so for now I will add the custom field to include the different days and times for must-day events.

Geoff B.

Good evening Liz,

Awesome.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Several days span in one event’ is closed to new replies.