setup_hide_recurrence_in_query is slow/unresponsive

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO setup_hide_recurrence_in_query is slow/unresponsive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Wood
    Participant

I have found that on a site with around 5500 events that when pro is active the site will crawl/become unresponsive. Currently am being hosted on WP Engine. After digging through profiling I have found that the setup_hide_recurrence_in_query method seems to be causing the timeouts. Is there anyway to improve this method? I’m not terribly familiar with how this method runs and have not had time to dig into it.

Currently am running modified on http://richmondfamilymagazine.com/events/.

Nico

Hey Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

While your points sounds super valid, it would be great to discard conflicts -with the theme or other plugins- before jumping into it. Is it possible for you to test this -maybe in a staging site- with default TweentyFifteen WordPress theme and no other plugins active? If this could happen in the same server that would be a plus for sure.

Also did you notice this slowdown happening after a plugin or theme upgrade? Have you tried using any caching solution on the site? The number of events you are running seems a bit high and maybe some caching helps the overall performance.

Please let me know about those,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘setup_hide_recurrence_in_query is slow/unresponsive’ is closed to new replies.