setup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rob Strickland
    Participant

Hello,
    I have purchased and installed pro and aggregator…
    1) the /events page doesn’t work. I have tried all 3 display CSS options offered in plugin settings > display
    http://ovpp.robstrickland.net/events/
    2) The aggregated events do not include the images shown on the external URL.

#1 is my obvious immediate issue I’d like to resolve or I would like to request a refund.

Rob Strickland
    Participant

I changed theme while all plugins were deactivated as well and the display is still not working.
    I have reactivated all plugins and desired premium theme “X” from Apex.

last, please notice event detail pages work ok: http://ovpp.robstrickland.net/event/historic-walking-tour-of-crested-butte-3/

And shortcode on home page seems to be ok: http://ovpp.robstrickland.net/

Rob Strickland
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rob Strickland
    Participant

hello?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry about your issues, let me try to help you with them.

I’m happy to hear that some of the functionality is working ok. Let’s look at the rest.

1) the /events page doesn’t work. I have tried all 3 display CSS options offered in plugin settings > display: http://ovpp.robstrickland.net/events/

On the same setting page try setting the ‘Events Page Template’ to ‘Default Events Template’. That usually helps.

2) The aggregated events do not include the images shown on the external URL

Can you give me a bit more details on this? Do you mean imported events?

Where are you importing from? Can you share the url / feed?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Rob Strickland
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Andras,

1) I found the default events template, thanks…. but I might like to edit the actual page, but there is no page to edit. Or I can’t find if there is a page. I’d like to add a revolution slider header image to this page.

2) The feed/import URL/download can be found here: https://gunnisoncrestedbutte.com/events/

Kind regards,
    Rob

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rob,

If you want to create sort of a custom page with events, then maybe using shortcodes to display different calendars would be the way to go. Here’s an article about using the [tribe_events] shortcode.

The other option could be Events > Settings >  Display tab > Add HTML before event content field, though I haven’t tested if and how you can add there a revo slider.

The aggregated events do not include the images shown on the external URL

Hmmm… kindof weird. I just did a test import of the url and images got imported. This was the success message after the initial import.

Do you have the images in the Media ‘folder’?

Were the images on the source site added later than your first import?

What you can try is delete the scheduled import and delete all the events. Then also delete them from the ignored list. And re-import them. Check if the images will be imported then.

You can also test first with deleting only one event and see if on the next scheduled run the image is imported. (Don’t forget to remove it from the ignored list as well.)

Cheers,
    Andras

Rob Strickland
    Participant

Thanks for this reply!

I will attempt the delete and remove from ignore steps only if you feel it is necessary. The images were definitely on the host site prior to my export/import…. so could there be another issue where my installment of Events is faulty and therefore not importing the images?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rob,

At the moment I’m not sure where the issue lies, especially since the import is working for me without any issues. We need to check a couple of things.

• Are the images present in your Media Library? Or they don’t even make it there?
    • Delete one event and remove it from the ignored list. Check if the image is 1) in your media library; 2) visible at your event
    • Deactivate all plugins except The Events Calendar and switch to twentyseventeen theme, and try the above step. (A custom code in the theme or a plugin can be interfering.)
    • set up a new site or testsite with only TEC and try the import. If it works, then add your theme and the other plugins. Remove the imported events and import them again, to see if it still works. (Sometimes there is a glitch stuck in a website which cannot be uncovered. In these cases a new install is the way to go.)

These are the next steps we need to take. Please keep me updated about your progress and I’ll let you know if anything else comes to my mind.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘setup’ is closed to new replies.