Setup Issue – 404 Error when trying to authorize

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Setup Issue – 404 Error when trying to authorize

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ellen
    Participant

Hi, I recently purchased the Eventbrite add-on for the Event Calendar. I followed the instructions for setting up an app key on Eventbrite and have checked several times that I have the correct OAuth and I do, I get to the page on Eventbrite asking me to allow the connection. When I click allow, I’m suppose to be sent back to my WP page but I’m getting a 404 error instead. I’ve tried clearing my cache and using another browser, nothing worked. Help?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Ellen.
    Ellen
    Participant

Fixed it

George
    Participant

Hey Ellen,

I’m glad you fixed it! What ended up being the cause here? Did just saving your Permalinks or something solve this?

Cheers 🙂
    George

Erik
    Participant

Hi – we just purchased the eventbrite plugin. I installed as directed and created app through eventbrite. When I save and then “authorize” I get this message: “The application you’re trying to use has made an invalid request to Eventbrite. Please contact the application developer.”

I have started from scratch and reimported all the info – same message. I tried a new browser to check for caching. I also opened a test event page and I don’t see the add-ons option for adding a ticket. The plugin has been activated.

What am I missing? Where is the quirk?

Erik
    Participant

Ok, I think I figured it out. You have to put the URL into eventbrite without the www or it won’t authorize as it needs to match the url format in the OAuth Redirect. Wanted to reach back out in case someone else had that issue. Hopefully I’m off and running now. Cheers!

George
    Participant

Thanks for the udpate(s) Erik! Best of luck with your site 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setup Issue – 404 Error when trying to authorize’ is closed to new replies.