Setup Events landing (main) page as a subpage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Setup Events landing (main) page as a subpage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kregg Kish
    Participant

Hello,
    I just bought the PRO plugin and I’m facing an issue.
    So the thing is that I must have the events landing page within a subpage on my site, like mysite.com/concerts-and-events/events. But when I go to plugin’s settings it only allows me to set a simple slug, so I cannot “attach” it to my desired subpage. If I put on slug the relative path /concert&events/events it tells me that slashes are not supported.
    Is there any solution for this simple need?
    Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi frontpor,

Unfortunately no, there is no simple solution for this. You could embed the calendar in a page with a PHP include but the downside to this is when you change months it will always revert back to the base URL structure. There’s really no way around this unless you significantly hacked the plugin and we cannot help with this.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

– Jonah

Kregg Kish
    Participant

Hi Jonah, yes, I had to do a BIG hack to make this work, I hope to not face issues with this because I’m forced to have the landing events page within that subpage.
    I would propose to include this feature in future releases of the plugin since this a very frequent need, at least in my case.
    Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi frontpor,

Yes, we are looking into methods for being able to allow something like this either via a shortcode or template tag to be able to embed the calendar wherever but I have no idea as to when that might be completed. I would suggest weighing in here: http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3735284-ability-to-pull-calendar-to-page

Regards,
    Jonah

Kregg Kish
    Participant

Ok thanks Jonah.
    Sorry for the off-topic, but is there any page template I can override for Venues? I need to change a couple of things in it.
    Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi frontpor,

Venues use either your selected theme’s page template (like page.php) or /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/ecp-page-template.php depending on what you have selected in Events > Settings > Template. If using the Default Events Template, the plugin will use ecp-page-template.php – you can override this file and make your own changes by making a copy and placing in an ‘events’ folder in your theme.

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setup Events landing (main) page as a subpage’ is closed to new replies.