Settings to opt out of frontend attendee list is NOT hidden if attendee list is

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Settings to opt out of frontend attendee list is NOT hidden if attendee list is

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hello,

In the latest version of Event Tickets, the following tweak has been added:
    Tweak – Setting to opt out of the frontend attendee list now automatically hidden if the attendee list is also hidden
    but it doesn’t work for us, as we have hidden the attendees list but the option still appear after (each ticket) and is not hidden at all.

We’re using latest versions:
    Event Tickets v4.1.4
    Event Tickets Plus v4.1.3

Nico

Howdy Modar,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you here…

I just gave this a spin locally and it seems to be working fine on my end. These are the steps I took (with default theme and no other plugins active):

• Create a new event in the future
    • Add a new RSVP ticket
    • Toggle the option to hide the attendees list on/off and Save changes
    • Confirm the result in the event (front-end of the site)

Are there any differences in what you are testing? Are you adding tickets to events or other post types? Are this tickets RSVP tickets or other type? Are you trying this with existing events or new events?

Also, can you try the steps that I described to see if we are on the same page at least with that test?

Best,
    Nico

Dan
    Participant

I have the same issue. I use Woocommerce, not RSVP, and have all the latest versions, including Event Tickets Plus.

When users go to the event details, there is still “Don’t list me on the public attendee list” as an opt-out box (although there is no attendee list).

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hello Nico,

I have followed the same steps you described (except for Switching to default theme + disabling plugins), and I can confirm that only with RSVP tickets types the option is hidden.
    We use WooCommerce and the opt out option does appear despite the hidden attendees list.

– Are there any differences in what you are testing?
    Nope.

– Are you adding tickets to events or other post types?
    Events only.

– Are this tickets RSVP tickets or other type?
    WooCommerce

– Are you trying this with existing events or new events?
    New.

Another strange behavior:
    If you create a WooCommerce ticket, and then decided to convert it into an RSVP ticket, the ticket remains as WooCommerce, the only thing that changes is the price to “FREE” .. the only way is to delete the ticket and create a new ticket as RSVP. Not sure if this behavior is by default.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Shadi Habbal.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Shadi Habbal.
    Nico

Hey Modar & Dan,

Thanks for following up! You seem to be right about it, I was just testing with RSVP but it seems to be still an issue with WooCommerce tickets as you state 🙁

We have already log this as a bug and it will be fixed in the next upcoming maintenance (bug fixes) release.

For now you can add this CSS snippet to hide the opt out message. You can do it with Simple Custom CSS plugin or by adding it to your theme (or child theme) CSS stylesheet:

.tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    display: none!important;
    }

It will hide it for all events basically. If this doesn’t work for you please let me know and I can guide you through a more complex solution,

Best,
    Nico

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Looking forward to the new update.

Regards.

Nico

Thanks for understanding Modar and sorry for the trouble until this get fixed.

I’m setting the status of this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ so we can give you a heads up when this is fixed!

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Settings to opt out of frontend attendee list is NOT hidden if attendee list is’ is closed to new replies.