October 3, 2018 at 8:05 am #1636260joshua.enyartParticipant
I am trying to configure the PayPal Split payments – but it seems Paypal might have changed since the directions were created in your knowledgebase.
Your site says to do this:https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/community-tickets-configuring-paypal-split-payments/
4. Scroll down until you see the heading NVP/SOAP API apps and click Manage NVP/SOAP API apps to open your NVP/SOAP applications listing. (You may be prompted to log in or confirm your credentials.)
5. Click New Application to open the NVP/SOAP app application form.
6. In the Title field, enter a descriptive name for your application (for example, “Example.com Community Tickets App”).
7. In the text area field below, provide a brief description outlining the functionality of your application.
But now the under the NVP/SOAP there is no manage API apps, it just offers webhooks (see screen shot). Could you provide directions given this format?October 4, 2018 at 6:40 am #1637303CliffKeymaster
Resuming here from https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/paypal-split-payments-webhook/ …
I understand from your other thread that you wanted to use Community Tickets with PayPal Adaptive Payments, but you didn’t have a pre-existing account with them, as our site (subtly) states is required: https://cl.ly/4c08df37bb76 (the Knowledgebase article you linked to definitely has it displayed more prominently, which is good)
TBH, because Community Tickets doesn’t generate a lot of revenue for us (a niche product at a non-niche price), and since it would require reworking all the intricacies of the various payments, I’m unsure how much more attention it’ll receive… ever or at least anytime soon… if it does update the split payments functionality, it might be worth adding your votes/comments to one of these:
So… at this point it’d either be hiring a developer for a big chunk of functionality (like implementing Stripe yourself) or not using Community Tickets at all. Sad for both of us, I know.
Please let me know your thoughts about all this.October 26, 2018 at 9:35 am #1649471Support DroidKeymaster
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team
- The topic ‘Setting up Split Payments with Paypal – Webhooks’ is closed to new replies.