Help Desk

Setting Default Quantity on RSVPs

Hello Modern Tribe Support Folks.

I have been able to set the default quantities for tickets under Ticket Plus, but I have another dilemma. This time I need to set the default Quantity for RSVPs to “1”. Apparently they are not the same as in the Tickets, because the tickets are linked to Woocommerce and it seems the RSVPs are not. I need to have the default or the “required” field sets to not show up unless the quantity is switched to “1”. And there is a bug, because even though the quantity of the RSVP is “0” and you click Register, it gives you a message that says that you are registered and will receive an email, but you really are not. You have to change the quantity to “1” and then an email will come and you will be registered. Nonetheless, I really need to figure out how to set the default RSVP quantity to “1”.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Ron….

Hi, Ron. Please check out this snippet:

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/ for how to implement custom code snippets.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Hey Cliff:

This works beautifully. Now the question is: Can I set the Maximum quantity to only 1 per RSVP? What code would I add to achieve that and where would I put it?

Thanks again for all of your help on this.

Ron….

Correct Answer

See that snippet’s comments… it links to this other one, which makes the fieldĀ readonly

If you want this one, don’t also use the other one.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team