Setting default Eventbrite payment information

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Setting default Eventbrite payment information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scottlyttle
    Participant

After updating to the latest versions of EC (3.12.6) and Eventbrite tickets (3.12.1) I am having issues publishing events.

Here is the error that shows: http://imgur.com/wJTMvuv
    Here is the edit event screen within Eventbrite with the missing information: http://imgur.com/WXWZxLC

Here is the code within functions.php to set the currency:

add_action( 'tribe_eb_after_event_creation', 'my_change_tribe_eventbrite_currency', 10, 4 );

function my_change_tribe_eventbrite_currency( $eventbrite_id, $venue_id, $organizer_id, $post_id ) {
        $currency_acro = 'AUD';
        $parameters = 'id=' . $eventbrite_id . '&currency=' . $currency_acro . '&listed=true&shareable=true';
        $success = Event_Tickets_PRO::instance()->sendEventBriteRequest( 'event_update', $parameters, $post_id, true, true, false );

if ( !$success ) {
            add_filter( 'tribe_eb_error_message', 'my_change_tribe_eventbrite_currency_failed' );
        }
    }

function my_change_tribe_eventbrite_currency_failed() {
        return 'Failed to update the currency.';
    } 

As you can see the action should be updating the payment currency to AUD which it appears to not be doing. I also cannot find a way to set a default PayPal email within EC settings or within Eventbrite.

So 3 questions:

• Can the email be set by default to always be the same?
    • Why would the above code not be updating the currency correctly?
    • How can the “in which country will you be paid” section be set to Australia?

Cheers,
    Scott

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by scottlyttle. Reason: Spelling
    George
    Participant

Hey Scott,

Thanks for reaching out here.

• Can the email be set by default to always be the same?
    • Why would the above code not be updating the currency correctly?

While I cannot help troubleshoot your custom code with regards to its failure of setting the currency, unfortunately there is just no way to get around Eventbrite’s Payment Info requirements in any spot other than on eventbrite.com directly, in your account settings.

• How can the “in which country will you be paid” section be set to Australia?

If you mean from within the plugin code, at this time there is not an option for this within our plugin and I do not admittedly even know if it’s 100% possible to set via Eventbrite’s API. Even if it is, however, it would be a matter of custom coding to wire up that code on your site.

To be clear, if you remove your custom code and all that, does the actual publishing of eventbrite.com work? As in, once you add your payment details and such, does the actual connection between your site and Eventbrite.com work? So that when you publish an event on your WP site it exports to EB, and also that you can import from EB to WP?

Thanks,
    George

scottlyttle
    Participant

Hi George,

The code that should be updating the currency came from the Events Calendar website: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-currency-for-eventbrite-tickets. If this code no longer works could it please be removed or updated.

I don’t quite understand what you mean about the payment info requirements. Do you mean that everyone using The Events Calendar with the Eventbrite add-on must go to Eventbrite and enter the payment info after creating a new event in WordPress?

To answer your last question, the publishing of the event to Eventbrite is working fine, with or without your custom code.

George
    Participant

We definitely need to change that article and I’m sorry about its existence right now – it’s one of many mistakes we made in our recent Eventbrite updates, which admittedly happened because Eventbrite literally just changed their entire API one day and our plugins were broken.

So we rushed to update our plugins to work with their new API; in that haste, this KB article and likely a few others have been overlooked. I’m really sorry about that Scott, I have created a ticket for us to do a full overview of our Eventbrite articles and we will coordinate the review in line with our next Maintenance Release.

I’m really sorry about this Scott!

George
    Participant

Now, as for the payment-related things; I’m sorry that I have to more more bad news, but their new payments system is one of the sudden changes they released in their API.

There are now several payment methods on Eventbrite.com; read about them here → https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/comparing-payment-processing-options?lg=en_US

One of the caveats of the multiple options now, however, is that the option has to be set on a per-event basis at this time. You can see this even in Eventbrite’s own documentation like on this page → https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/How_To/how-to-use-paypal-for-payment-processing-and-payout?lg=en_US

So, turning back to your question here:

Do you mean that everyone using The Events Calendar with the Eventbrite add-on must go to Eventbrite and enter the payment info after creating a new event in WordPress?

If you want to charge for tickets using PayPal or Authorize.net for that specific event, yes. Otherwise, it should just fallback to the default “Eventbrite Payments” option.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting default Eventbrite payment information’ is closed to new replies.