Setting default author for community event submissions

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Setting default author for community event submissions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeremiah
    Participant

Have seen a couple of similar threads with no resolution (other than suggesting submitting a “add this feature” request). Issue is that there is no way to set the “default” author for community event submissions. As a result, the default author assigned is the first author in the WP user list. We would like to set the default author to our admin user. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cliff

Hi Jeremiah.

Please go to wp-admin > Events > Settings > Community

Do you see the “Form Defaults” settings section?

Screenshot 2015-09-23 16.45.33

If yes, are those the settings you’re looking for and do they work for you?

If no, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Jeremiah
    Participant

Thanks for your assistance, Cliff. Those settings are actually not what I was referring to as they refer to the default organizer and venue. Our interest is in setting the default WP user/author. Currently, the default author assigned to an event is the first “user” alphabetically in our database that is classified as an author. Previous threads have mentioned that the only remedy is to bulk edit events and change authors before events are published.

Although we do review events before publishing, this is just another tedious step in the review process that requires the same repetitive reassignment each time.

Cliff

Thanks for the clarification, Jeremiah. I understand your issue and understand its use case.

However, I didn’t find that as an existing feature request at our Community Events UserVoice page.

Please do add your feature request there.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

Once you post it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Jeremiah
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestion, Cliff. Here is the link to the post requesting the feature:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/9923631-set-default-author-for-anonymous-community-event-s

Appreciate your help and timely responses.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Jeremiah.
    Cliff

Thanks for submitting your feature request. To possibly help it get more traction, I’d suggest clarifying that you’re talking about the WordPress author, not the Organizer, like my earlier screenshot showed.

Feel free to open a new ticket if you have any future questions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting default author for community event submissions’ is closed to new replies.