Set default location for community event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Set default location for community event form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

I’d love to be able to fix the default location on the community event form to be U.S. only and even a specific state. I know that this is a feature within The Events Calendar Pro but I unfortunately can’t justify purchasing that plugin for just that feature. I saw an outdated thread in the forum suggesting an (unrecommended) code change; is there any override that you might suggest to allow me to simplify the event submission process?
    FYI: I did try to set “Single geography mode” in the Community Events settings but it did not change my form. The note under the settings field in the admin is “Removes the country, state/province and timezone selectors from the submission form” – but only the timezone was hidden in the community submission form. The country and state fields were still displayed.

George
    Participant

Hey Amy,

Thanks for reaching out. There’s unfortunately not really any way to set a default location here for community events.

The single geography mode is definitely supposed to help in a way, by limiting the allowed area/locations, but because of your post here and your claim that this option did not help, I took a look and was able to recreate the behavior you describe: The option does not work.

This is a bug in our code and I have just logged a bug ticket for our development team to work on. Hopefully a fix for this will come in the next couple of weeks if the development and testing processes go according to plan.

I’m sorry to disappoint here—first about the lack of “default venue” options with Community Events, but also about the bug with that “single geography mode” option.

I will post an update on this thread when a fix for that bug is released—even if the fix doesn’t come for several weeks from now and this thread is closed!

In the meantime, please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There! 🙂

I just wanted to let you know we think this issue is no longer a concern with our latest feature release of Community Events 4.5. We encourage you to update to the latest version and try it out.

To find out more about the release -> https://theeventscalendar.com/release-community-events-4-5-the-events-calendar-4-5-4-pro-and-community-tickets/

We hope this update makes your site much better!

As always, don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help! 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Set default location for community event form’ is closed to new replies.