Set Date Range Limit to more than three months

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Set Date Range Limit to more than three months

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gesine
    Participant

Hi there,

is it possible to set the Date Range Limit to more than three months? I have a client who needs an import for a range of more than one year.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Courtney

Hi Gesine

You can switch the range but should know this may impact your website server speeds. Please proceed with caution and testing.

Head to Events » Settings » Import » Import Limit Type » Do Not Limit.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

gesine
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

thanks for your information. I am not sure if I got it: How can the amount of events have a negative impact on the server performance? Or do you mean that it depends on the server performance how quickly the import is finished?

Could you please provide further information on the server settings required to conduct an import of a period of e.g. 12 months?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Courtney

Hi Gesine

Head to Events » Settings » Import » Import Limit Type » Do Not Limit. That should allow you to import up to 12mo.

The negative impact is that if you are setting your website to continually retrieve an unlimited amount of events, your server will continue processing this endlessly, which can slow down overall load times and other performance issues. I’d suggest doing an initial setup of an unlimited time, then dropping down to the 3mo range for normal everyday use.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Set Date Range Limit to more than three months’ is closed to new replies.