Set category only for admin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Set category only for admin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    massound
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to set some categories only for admin. I don’ want it to show up on the frontend event submission form. Is it possible and how?

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

massound,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to do this by adding the following code to your functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/472fbe0c96e209d2bf0d

Just make sure to change the $categories_to_hide variable to include the slugs of your categories. Give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

massound
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your prompt reply and kind assistance. The code you provide works great for me. Is it possible to make it as an option in your upcoming update to let admin set it on the backend? If not, will I need to paste the code again when I update the plugin?

Thanks again for your great help.

Best,

Massound

Casey
    Participant

Massound,
    If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Since this code is in your theme’s functions.php file, you should only have to reapply it if you update your theme and your functions.php file gets overwritten.

Hopefully that helps to clear up any confusion, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I havenโ€™t heard back from you here, Iโ€™m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Set category only for admin’ is closed to new replies.