Server lost connection during recent update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Server lost connection during recent update

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    k24small
    Participant

Is this a matter of attempting the update again, or deleting Events Calendar Pro and reinstalling it?

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

k24small,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. We always recommend that users back up their files & database before attempting any updates. With that being said, I would attempt the update again to see if you have further issues.

Just let me know if you need further help after trying that. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

k24small
    Participant

I disabled the plugin and uploaded the update via the backend and received this message:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/

Plugin install failed.

Return to Plugins page

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in …/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 120

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in …/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 267

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in …/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 407

k24small
    Participant

I believe that I was able to update the Events Calendar Pro plugin using the FTP advice from this forum post: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/update-to-new-version-of-events-calendar-pro-failed-please-advise-asap/
    What is odd is that I now have one event that was duplicated over 3,000 times. Has this ever happened and what is the best way to correct this?

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

k24small,
    We have a small percentage of users that are reporting a similar issue. Our developer has provided a patch that we’d like for you to test out in your local environment to see if it resolves the issues you’re having. Just replace events-pro/lib/tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php with this file then try refreshing your admin several (possibly many) times to see if the issue goes away.

Please respond back here as soon as you’ve had a chance to test this out, as we’ll be pushing out a hotfix ASAP. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

k24small
    Participant

I did as you said I cannot see any difference. I have several pages of duplicate entries. I have seen in other forum posts that this has worked so I am not certain what the next step is. I clicked on the provided link, saved as tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php, ftp’d into the instructed file and replaced the existing file. I hope we can figure this out as this is a live site.
    Thanks,
    Kris

Casey
    Participant

Kris,
    We’ve just released a hotfix for PRO (v 3.5.1) which might address some of your issues. If that doesn’t fix the issue, then your best bet might be to revert to a previous backup before you ran the initial update, and then trying the update process again. Let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

k24small
    Participant

I haven’t been able to reply due a family emergency, but I applied the hotfix and we are still experiencing the multiple duplicate entries. Some entries that were present before the update are now missing. Do you have any insight as to what might be the cause and fix?

Casey
    Participant

Kris,
    Oh no! I hope everything is all right now. Regarding the duplicate event issue, this is unfortunately a side effect with a bug in the upgrade process in version 3.5 that we patched in 3.5.1. If your server was interrupted during the upgrade process, some of your recurring events were left “un-converted” to the new recurrence format that we’re using.

Unfortunately the only fix for this is to do one of the following:

• Either revert to a backup (data & files) from pre 3.5, and then upgrade directly from 3.4.1 to 3.5.1.
    • Or manually delete all duplicate events and re-create

Again, so sorry for the inconvenience that this issue caused, and let us know if we can help answer any further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

k24small
    Participant

Casey. Thanks for following up. Regretfully, this has not been resolved. I see that I am having the same issue as this thread: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/event-calendar-pro-latest-version-hangs-my-site-cant-view-dashboard/
    They probably aren’t posting because they are as frustrated as I am. I bought two licenses for this product and have planned to use it on two sites, but Events Calendar Pro completely shut down my site by using all of the available server resources. This site isn’t even my main site. My main site is much larger and I fear what will happen with that once we relaunch. I will take the advice of the above thread and delete the plugin via FTP and go from there.

Casey
    Participant

Kris,
    I’m really sorry to hear that, but alas, not all hosts are created equal. Can I ask what host you’re using? I can definitely give you some recommendations for other hosts that I’ve personally had great success with if you’re interested. Just let me know if I can help further here. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Server lost connection during recent update’ is closed to new replies.