Serious Issues Continue

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Serious Issues Continue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

The last version (4.5.11) of the Event Calendar Aggregator is not working in the following ways:

1) Scheduled imports are not occurring. I have to go in and ‘run import’

2) Featured images associated with each event are not uploading. The calendar chooses/sets the featured image as whatever photo was uploaded last into the media library. This requires me to remove the incorrect image and upload the image from the Facebook event. This used to work, but now only works on Smartmouth’s events for some reason. This seems to be conflict with Formidable Pro, button you confirm that? If that’s the case, we’ll need to find another calendar solution as we rely on Formidable heavily.

3) I changed the global settings so that each event would go into the ‘pending review’ list. However, when I look at the scheduled imports, the setting is directly to ‘publish’ Right now this is not a problem as the automated import function is not working.

4) The ‘Run Import’ function that overrides the scheduled import doesn’t seem to be working consistently. It works for some Facebook pages, but not for others. We get a little red exclamation point next to the ones that fail.

I have to say that since purchase of the Events Calendar I have been extremely disappointed in its performance and continuing bugs, none of which seem to have been fixed in your latest release,

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Eric,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry about the issues you are experiencing. I’m happy to help you solve them.

1) Scheduled imports are not occurring. I have to go in and ‘run import’

This is an issue we are aware of – still. We have released a fix in TEC 4.5.11 which helped a lot of users, but there are still some having this issue. We are further investigating what could be the cause of this.

Could you please try with one of the imports what happens if you delete, then re-create it?

Also it would help us a ton in our investigation if you could share a database dump with us. Thanks!

2) Featured images associated with each event are not uploading.

Sorry to hear that. Does this happen with all events or with imported events? If imported, then which source?

This seems to be conflict with Formidable Pro, button you confirm that?

Unfortunately we do not have access Formidable Pro and it’s addons. I have checked and so far there is no report of this conflict, so I cannot confirm. I’ll see what I can do. If you could share a copy of the plugin for testing, that would help too.

I would recommend you to also report this conflict to the Formidable devs too.

3) I changed the global settings so that each event would go into the ‘pending review’ list. However, when I look at the scheduled imports, the setting is directly to ‘publish’

Once a scheduled import is set up, then it will honor the settings you had for the import itself. Changing the global setting will not change the setting of already saved imports.

You can however edit your saved imports and set the status to pending. To do this go to your Events > Import > Scheduled Imports and click on Edit below the import you want to adjust.

4) The ‘Run Import’ function that overrides the scheduled import doesn’t seem to be working consistently. It works for some Facebook pages, but not for others. We get a little red exclamation point next to the ones that fail.

What is the error message that you get if you hover over the red exclamation marks? It can give us further information on why the import failed. Please check and let me know.

I have to say that since purchase of the Events Calendar I have been extremely disappointed in its performance and continuing bugs, none of which seem to have been fixed in your latest release,

I can understand your disappointment. I want to assure you that our developers are continuously working on fixing the different bugs that are found. Some are easy to fix, some – unfortunately – can take a longer time, thus no matter how much we’d like, we cannot fix everything in one release. Nevertheless, we try our best.

Thanks for sticking with us so far and I’m looking forward to helping you fix the above issues in the fastest way possible.

Cheers,
    Andras

Nico

Hi,

Thanks for the patience here! A new maintenance release + 2 hotfixes for Events Aggregator were released last week. More information in the release notes and hotfix notes.

We have been doing extensive tests on the scheduled imports issue, but we cannot reproduce the issue unfortunately which makes it difficult to work on a fix for it. Using the database dump of one of our customer we could pint-point a side issue which fix can help with the issue (this patch was released in the hotfix). If you are still still experiencing difficulties with Scheduled Imports, the next step would be to have a database dump of the site with the issues so we can inspect it and try to find the culprit (be sure to mark the reply as private if you send the dump).

To re-test this on your site, follow these steps:
    – Update The Events Calendar to the latest version 4.5.12.2.
    – Delete one of the scheduled imports.
    – Re-create the scheduled import and monitor the results in the History tab.

Truly hope this helps, but if not we will firmly continue to help 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Serious Issues Continue’ is closed to new replies.