Serial Events on different days of the year

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Serial Events on different days of the year

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gernot
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to create one event, which occur on different days of the year?

For example a German course which occur on the following days:
    01.08.2017 to 05.08.2017
    07.10.2017 to 13.10.2017
    and
    12.12.2017 to 16.12.2017

How can I set this? Because it is always the same event with the same description, so it wouldn’t make sense to duplicate it. Because if I have to change something in the description of the event I have to change it very often.

Geoff B.

Good evening Gernot and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If you have not done so already, I would highly recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

I believe your ticket will be to use the “Once” option several times and tweak the end times accordingly.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Gernot
    Participant

Yes, that works for me. Thank you very much.

But what if the duration of an event is for example sixteen days? Is it possible to add “End times”?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gernot,

I am glad this works for you.

As per your follow-up question, the answer is “it depends on the exact scenario”.
    Would you mind providing me with an example of what that would look like (initial dates and recurrence rules) ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Gernot
    Participant

The maximum duration between the beginning of an event and the end of an event is 7 days. What if I would like to set a recurrence event by choosing the option “Once” where the end of the event is 8 days later?

Geoff B.

Good evening Gernot,

Thank you for the clarification.

You are absolutely right. There is currently a cap on the custom end time of a “Once” recurring event when you select it from the menu.

However, if your initial event (the one that gets repeated) lasts 16 days, then so will all the recurring events by default. Unless you specify otherwise (in which case you are limited to up to 7 days for now).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Serial Events on different days of the year’ is closed to new replies.