Separate Calendars

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Separate Calendars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tammy
    Participant

I am needing to have 2 separate calendars on the same site. I know you can display calendars by categories which I use, but when you View Calendar all the events are on the one main event calendar. Is there a way to have separate “View Events” calendars? Thanks

Nico

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Unfotunately it’s not possible to have more than one calendar per site. Not sure what’s your use case, but using the event categories method is a good choice. You can generate different links to the categories in the navigation and if needed redirect users that try to see events listings without a category to another page.

Can you describe why you need this? Maybe I can help you find a workaround!

Best,
    Nico

Tammy
    Participant

The category calendars are great and work perfectly, but when you click on an event to find out more about it and then click the link to “All Events” then you get the large calendar with everything on there. We would like to see a large calendar with just certain categories, not with every event for the month.

Is there a way to connect the “All Events” link to a large calendar for a certain category? If not, then is there a way to turn off the “All Events” link at the top of the box?

Nico

Hay Patrick,

Thanks for following up! Sure that’s possible 🙂

You’ll have to create a template override of the single event template (wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php) and do some edits. For more information about template overrides please check our themer’s guide.

Once the copy of the template is in place you can replace the content of the file for the code below:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/1920ffe8e6ec045a5aa63be6181256ff

The lines I added are commented, with those in place the All Events link should point to the category of the event. While events can have multiple categories this script will just grab the fist one. Also, if there’s no category, the link won’t be printed.

Please give this a try and let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Separate Calendars’ is closed to new replies.