SEO Plugins and Title Tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO SEO Plugins and Title Tags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Maggio
    Participant

Does anyone have recommendations for a good SEO plugin that works well with events calendar pro? I’ve tried all-in-one seo and Yoast but neither seem to be able to grab control over event category title tags.

Joyce Grace

Hi Rick!

You’re absolutely right – The Events Calendar is a bit tough when it comes to SEO, however, if you watch some of Yoast’s videos on wordpress.tv and read his recommendations, (and that of other SEOs, like John Chow), they tell us to actually not try to index category archives, because it can cause duplicate content with the actual post. Yoast has settings to disable the indexing taxonomies and categories.

For some URL optimization though, you can define the slug in the Event Categories area. I also have define my URL in the Events Calendar settings area, under the WordPress “Settings” menu.

I had a look, and the Events Calendar does pull the title of the event to make a title tag. To customize the title tags, you could probably use the Custom Fields area to define a title and description. You could look up the specifics on how to do this at wordpress.org

Hope this helps!

Joyce

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO Plugins and Title Tags’ is closed to new replies.