SEO optimization in Community Events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus SEO optimization in Community Events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

So I am updating the SEO data for every event prior to publishing but I am not allowing a couple of users to publish immediately courtesy of some custom code help from Nico. Is there a way for me to capture just the snippet for Yoast and maybe the Excerpt used by your calendar in the Community plugin and then push that to the correct field. Can I enable Yoast in the Community Event? That would leave me with only the Excerpt to inject. Sorry I’m a little foggy on implementing Yoast on the front end. It seems like I had that and turned it off but I can’t seem to find if or where so thought I would just ask the question here.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Welcome back to the forums! I’m happy to help if I can. πŸ™‚

Sounds like you’re trying to make some pretty cool changes. I want to make sure I’m understanding exactly what you’re trying to do, could you possibly send me some screenshots denoting the changes you want to make? This will help me give you better guidance in this matter if I understand the application of your request more directly (plus I’m a visual person).

In the meantime, I think you may find our Themer’s Guide and our Functions List helpful for the types of changes you’re trying to make. πŸ™‚ Once I hear back from you, hopefully I can give you more specific resources and direction.

Cheers!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

My first question is really can I enable Yoast in the community event page?

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Thomas,

When you say, “enable Yoast in the community event page” do you mean that you want to optimize the community event submission form page for search with Yoast? Or perhaps that you want users to be able to enter information for Yoast fields through this form? Or something entirely different?

Some more information about your goal would be helpful so I can better assist you. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Well let’s analyze this question with some more wasted rhetoric.

1. In my OP, my very first line states:

>> So I am updating the SEO data for every event prior to publishing…

From that, a reasonable person should deduce that I am talking about the Yoast optimization for an event post prior to publishing since that is what I said in my very first sentence. Now since I said that in my very first sentence, I would hope that you would understand that I am talking about the Yoast optimization options and input on an event post. Are you with me here>?

2. In my OP I elaborated:

>> Is there a way for me to capture just the snippet for Yoast and maybe the Excerpt used by your calendar in the Community plugin

3. And then I posed a question in my OP within the topic of that conversation:

>> Can I enable Yoast in the Community Event?
    i.e, the community event page where a user inputs an event; it’s an add-on for the The Events Calendar.

We have a failure to communicate here and I fail to grasp how I can ask my question any more succinctly. Apparently I am wasting my and your time here.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

My apologies for the delayed reply. I had a miscommunication with a colleague who was going to pitch in here. Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and tap someone else on this one, since you seem to be frustrated with the support I’m providing. George should be chiming in on this one soon!

Best of luck with this project!

Shelby πŸ™‚

George
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your patience. I understand your frustrations, and hope to clarify things for the sake of a productive conversation here.

It seems that you are describing Yoast optimization for individual events, and then also asking about adding Yoast optimization to what you describe as “the community event page where a user inputs an event”.

I hope to address both inquiries as follows:

β€’ The Community Events submission page (what you describe as “the community event page where a user inputs an event”) is not really a “Page”. It’s a dynamically-generated form at the URL endpoint specified in your Community Events settings. So there is not any Yoast optimization available by default for the /community/add or /community/edit/ form pages themselves.

β€’ The other part of your question seems to be about adding specific Yoast meta values to events upon them being submitted, so that an event automatically has some of its values injected into its corresponding Yoast SEO fields upon creation. Is this an accurate summation of your goals? If so, then unfortunately this is not possible. To make things function in this way, you would have to write some extensive custom code yourself or hire a professional developer to do it for you. We have a list of great developers here β†’ http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folksβ€”they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. All I ever wanted was a yes or no.I will look into this further on my own.

George
    Participant

Sure thing Thomas. I will close this thread for now but, open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise.

β€” George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO optimization in Community Events’ is closed to new replies.