Selling Tickets priced by Adult & Child and prices vary by date, will this work?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Selling Tickets priced by Adult & Child and prices vary by date, will this work?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amanda Bayer

Hello,

My website sells tickets to 3 different attractions ranging from tours to a theme park. I have already tried 2 different extensions that have not worked for me (including Woocommerce Bookings). Can you please tell me if this extension will work?

1.) Each attraction has their own ticket page within the website and will be on a separate calendar. So I need to be able to set-up calendars for each attraction.

2.) There are several types of tickets you can purchase. For example for the amusement park (which is the toughest) there are 1-day, 2-day, VIP etc. (these can all be on separate calendars) the tickets are priced by Adult or Child and the ticket prices change depending on the date.

3.) Example: 1-day tickets. The base cost is Adults $109 and Children $103 however on On May 26 the price increased to Adults $114 and Child $108 and then on May 28th the prices go back down to Adults $109 and $103 Children. Then on June 16th to June 21st the tickets are Adults $114 and Child $108 and this repeats throughout the year.

Is this something your extension can accommodate? I will pay for the premium version and add-on.

Thanks for your help?

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

You can set up separate calendars for each event by creating and displaying different category calendars for each type of event.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-categories/

For each event, you can create a variety of tickets with different prices and attributes.

One thing of note is that recurring events don’t support tickets in the way that you are referring to. You can technically add tickets to a series, but it will be the same ticket on every occurrence in the series (i.e. you won’t be able to distinguish which occurrence the user intended to purchase the ticket for). Sorry for the bad news here!

One way around this would be to create a series of recurring events and then to break each event from the series, and add a ticket for that event.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>You would essentially be using the recurring event feature to populate your calendar, and then create separate tickets for all events.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>I know that this is not an ideal solution, but it is a workable one for now.

In addition, we’d love for you to vote on this idea in our feature request, as we do take customer feedback into consideration when implementing new features:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets

As far as creating different prices, I’d recommend integrating a third-party plugin like WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts, to give you some more flexibility with your pricing options.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Selling Tickets priced by Adult & Child and prices vary by date, will this work?’ is closed to new replies.