Selling tickets at the door

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Selling tickets at the door

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by heartwood.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    heartwood
    Participant

Like many venues we also sell tickets at the door. Is there any way to integrate Event Tickets Plus with our PayPal swiper so tickets sold at the door are associated with the event we created online using your plugin? Or perhaps there is another way to use your system to sell tickets at a box office?

Help!
    Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Glenn

Typically we have users that will use the RSVP functionality in Event Tickets for pay at the door.

We don’t have a direct integration after the fact for accepting payments that way. However, as part of checking guests in, you could require they use your Paypal kiosk before manually marking them as present for the event.

I do want to highlight that we recently launched a new feature within Event Tickets (free) to connect with Paypal. https://theeventscalendar.com/complete-free-ticket-sales-solution/

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

heartwood
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your reply. That RSVP solution is not obvious – how would that
    work? For example, we would not want to display that as an option for our
    ticket buyers. Let me know if you have a use case for that.

We also thought of using a Paypal swiper or equivalent, but those sales
    would not decrement ticket stock, now would they appear in reporting for
    the event. How would the kiosk do that?

Connecting Paypal to Event Tickets would offer another way to pay, but we
    use WooCommerce that that works fine. But if the Paypal connection went in
    the other direction, that would be very useful – for many of your users, I
    bet!

Courtney

It’d be a case of showing RSVP and possibly purchasing tickets on the same event. You can test this functionality out within our free Event Tickets plugin. It has Paypal integration built in, no swiper needed for online purchases. Those using RSVP to pay at the door would need to be manually processed and checked in.

I’m not sure if that is really the solution you were hoping for though.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Selling tickets at the door’ is closed to new replies.