Sell Related Non-Ticket Prouct with event tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sell Related Non-Ticket Prouct with event tickets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ncosgrov
    Participant

We are using Event Tickets Plus for our events; tickets work fine. However, we are also selling a Journal for the event. The Journal is anothe WooCommerce product. I would like customers to be able in the events page to add both tickets and a journal to their cart. Is this a way to do this?

Patricia

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Event Tickets Plus does not come out-of-the box with the ability to select other products as add-ons to tickets, but since they are essentially WooCommerce products, you can use WooCommerce add-ons in conjunction with tickets. However, these will not work directly on the event page itself. You can enable the full WooCommerce product page for tickets, which we have more info on here.

This will provide a more standard WooCommerce experience with tickets and allow users to select other products on the ticket page (note that this will be separate from the actual event page), provided you are using a third party plugin like one of these that allows you to do this.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

ncosgrov
    Participant

Patricia:

Thank you for the reply, I truly appreciate it. I did know (and have in the past) that you can set-up a WooCommerce page to sell tickets and other items, but without disrespecting your helpfulness and through no fault of yours this is not a good solution. The MT Events page does a great job of highlighting the event, I would like to make it a one-stop shop rather than having two pages and the additional maintenance.

I understand that “it is what it is” for now, but could I suggest that a feature request be raised for this? In WooCommerce you can create “linked” products, perhaps an option on the events page to show tickets and any products linked to tickets? Or just give me a place on the events page to drop the WooCommerce shortcode for the product?

Again my sincere thanks for your response, however, I do think that this is a functionality gap that if closed the community would appreciate as many events do sell add-on merchandise that organizers would like to get advance orders for.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by ncosgrov.
    Patricia

Hey Neil,

Thanks for your suggestion! I agree with you: this is a great feature to add to Event Tickets Plus in the future! I would recommend proposing this in our User Voice page to let us know. Other users can then up-vote it, giving us a great idea of how much demand there might be (or, if you can find a suitable existing request, you can in turn up-vote that).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sell Related Non-Ticket Prouct with event tickets’ is closed to new replies.