Selecting country in submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Selecting country in submission form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Youna

I’m having issues with the Country field in the submission form on my site. When I click the ‘Select an option’ link, nothing happens (no options to select from)…and although the field does allow for people to type in their country, the States field only shows US states. I have tried deactivating all my other plugins to check for a conflict, but there was no change. Is there a way to limit the ‘Country’ field so that people can only select one country (and associated states). I’d like to limit my submissions to events in Australia, but am unsure how to do it.
    Any thoughts on how to rectify? Thanks in advance.

Youna

Sorry…I should add, the submission form can be found at http://www.ethicalliving.com.au/events/community/add/

Thanks.

Rob

Hi there Youna. Thanks for the note here, and for the follow-up with that link. I am seeing the issue on your site; but it looks like the country functionality as a whole is not behaving as it should. Check out how that country selector is supposed to appear: .

Are you running Events Calendar PRO? If so, that allows you to set default venue information under Settings -> The Events Calendar, so the best route may just be to enable that if you’ve got it. That would allow you to have the country pre-selected (though a user could still change it as they saw fit).

As for the initial problem, though…you said that it doesn’t appear to be a plugin conflict, but what about the theme? Are you in a position where you can test reverting to the default 2011 theme, ideally with no other plugins active? Also, please confirm whether or not you’ve modified any of the calendar’s templates so far…and lastly, that you’re running Events 2.0.6.

We’ll try and troubleshoot accordingly for you from there. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Closing this thread due to inactivity. Youna, if your problem persists please open a new thread and we’d be happy to help you out from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Selecting country in submission form’ is closed to new replies.