Seeking a ticket/calendar system that is simple

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Seeking a ticket/calendar system that is simple

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Thompson

Dear Events Tickets and The Events Calendar Sales Team,

I have built a wordpress site for http://www.melbournewineclub.org and we now wish to include an event ticketing system.

I tried Open Tickets, and it is very difficult to use and there was no support.

I have now installed Events Tickets and The Events Calendar.
    I have a query but it appears there is no way to ask your technical team unless I make a purchase and obtain a licence.
    Is this correct?

The issue is The Events Calendar does not appear in the list of plugins.
    And the test event I setup using Events, does not appear in Pages or anywhere else. I included Pages in the settings.

If you unable to assist that is fine, and we shall seek elsewhere.

With thanks,

Greg

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m sorry you are having issues. Normally we do not provide support in the Pre-sales forum but I can try to help you get started with this.

I checked the url you sent and I didn’t find neither The Events Calendar nor Event tickets installed on the site.

Try installing them again, these are the 2 ways you can do that:

Method 1:

• Go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add new
    • In the search box on the right type “The Events Calendar”
    • Look for the one from Modern Tribe, should be the first in the list (screenshot)
    • Click on install

Method 2:

Method 3:

• Go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/ and download the plugin. Save the zip file on your computer.
    • Unpack the zip file, it should give you a folder called ‘the-events-calendar’ with a whole bunch of files in it
    • Log in to your websites ftp server and navigate to the wp-content/plugins folder
    • Upload ‘the-events-calendar’ here so the final path will be wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar

After any of the methods go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins page and activate it.

In case during upload / installing you get an error message that the folder already exists, then you will need to log in to your website’s server through FTP and remove ‘the-events-calendar’ folder from wp-content/plugins.

The process is the same for Event Tickets.

Let me know if this helps you get started.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Seeking a ticket/calendar system that is simple’ is closed to new replies.