seats available for an event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus seats available for an event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Peri
    Participant

Hi,

I have 1 event with 60 seats, but 2 type of tickets for each event, for members and non-members. How can I set the over all event tickets available to 60 instead of per ticket type?

Nico

Hi there Mr. Peri,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Hopefully this is possible by using Global Stock, we have a knowledge base covering this feature here β†’ Making tickets. Check that out and let me know if it helps you out.

Best,
    Nico

PS: also, I noticed you submitted several Afrikaans translations recently, right?

Mr. Peri
    Participant

Hi Nico. Thanks for the reply, will tey it out.

Yes i did do alot of the afrikaans stuff, and double as i dis on tickets and ticekts pro as well as calender and calender pro, but they aren’t working. I can’t get the translations to show on the site πŸ™

Nico

Thanks for following up Mr.Peri!

I’ve extended your licenses a bit (6 months each) for your large contribution to our plugin’s translations πŸ™‚

but they aren’t working. I can’t get the translations to show on the site

Sorry to hear about this! Translations added via WordPress.org have to be approved by a translator editor of your language in the site,a dn unfortunately there’s not much we can do to speed up things on that front. The translations you added via http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/ have already been aprroved. When we release a new version of the plugins, we fetch the latest approved translations from WordPress.org (for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and Advanced Post Manager) and from our own translation site for the premium plugins. If you don’t want to wait for the next release, you can go ahead and manually download the po/mo files from the plugin translation page (for example: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-calendar-pro/af/default – after the title you’ll find the links to ‘export’ the mo/po files). Once you’ve downloaded these files, override the current version in your plugin folder, following the example the PRO folder would be: wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lang/.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you still have issues with it,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Jason
    Participant

If you have a total of 60 seats but 2 different prices depending on their membership status, why not create a coupon code for members that would discount them down to what thier cost should be?

Just a quick thought.

Nico

Thanks for chiming in Jason! That’s a good suggestion too πŸ™‚

Mr. Peri
    Participant

Thank you so so much for the extensions!! If I need to buy the same plugins for another customer, can i do it on this same account or must I create a new account?

RE the coupons. Haven’t tried that yet. Thus far I have created 2 ticket types, 1 for members where a membership ID is required to continue, and one for non-members…only, now you hope that people are honest because there is now way to 1st check the ID before they can check-out and buy….
    Not 100% sure how coupons work.
    See, how it currently works is, my customer is a learning centre under the wing of a bigger movement, if a client registers on the page they must say if they are a member of the bigger movement or not. If they are then they get discounts, if they are not then they don’t get discounts, although both of them are registered on the website. So can you assign a coupon to ALWAYS work on specific registered clients on the site, so every time they buy an event ticket the coupon is enforced, instead of my customer having to create coupons for each client for every event.
    Am i making sense?

Nico

Thanks for following up Mr. Peri, and for describing the use case for this πŸ™‚

Do you have a way of telling if the user should get the discount or not? Maybe a custom field or taxonomy applied to the user? If you can identify the ‘discounted’ user then we can think of other ways of doing this.

The discount coupon is a good option to send by email to the ‘discounted’ user list. You just have to create a coupon in the e-commerce framework you are using (WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, etc) set the correct discount rate, usage restrictions, etc. Depending on the case it might help or not.

Please let me know about my questions above and I’ll continue to help you out,
    Best,
    Nico

Mr. Peri
    Participant

At the registration process the client will get asked if they are a member, and if so to provide their member ID. This will then be checked manually by my customer against their database, until they have their CRM systems set-up properly and we can then integrate it into the site’s back-end. But until then, there will be a Gravity forms field that has will contain that information. So ideally, since a client HAS to be signed in in order to book an event, it would be great if the required text field on the ticket could automatically populate with what ever info was in the Gravity forms field, if that makes sense?

Nico

Well that’s great!

I’m not quite sure about this part:

it would be great if the required text field on the ticket could automatically populate with what ever info was in the Gravity forms field, if that makes sense?

I thought you would want to hide/show the appropriate ticket type if the user has (or not) their Member ID validated. Maybe I’m missing something?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Mr. Peri
    Participant

That would actually be better…so if the client is not a member, then to buy a membership priced ticket is hidden! That would be fantastic….but…not everyone is members when they register as a site user and can choose to become a member of the movement later on, so even though they then are a member later on, the field would be empty as it was empty when they registered…
    You know…why a client never just goes the simple easy standard route is beyond me…always have to be extra difficult..

Nico

Thanks for adding this extra info!

Well, I guess that the member check needs to be consistent in order for this to work πŸ™

Do you think you can go around this by adding the two tickets type for now? Are there any other ideas I might help you explore?

Best,
    Nico

Mr. Peri
    Participant

I don’t think so…in the end, it will all depend on if the client goes back after he registered on the site and only then afterwards become a member and then go back to his profile and fill in the number. Then you can write an “if” statement in Woocommerce i think, if that field of the client’s form contains a number then apply the discount/coupon or what ever. But until then we rely on people’s honesty…for now most of the people will be lawyers…not sure if that makes me stress less or more about the honesty factor πŸ™‚

Thanks for all your help. Once again, this plugins’ forum is the most helpful i have ever encountered! Thank you guys! keep up the good work!

Nico

Thanks for the kind words Mr.Peri, you are a great customer to work with πŸ™‚

not sure if that makes me stress less or more about the honesty factor

Ha! Cannot help on this one!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘seats available for an event’ is closed to new replies.