Search widget for events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Search widget for events?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany Fabricius
    Participant

Hello,

I need to know if there exists a widget that searches for events within a certain zipcode. Sort of like the search bar above the events on the “events list”, only as a standalone widget that I can place on other parts of my website. So that when I search for a zipcode on this widget, it will open up the list page with the events that match my search. If possible, I’d like this to just be a downloadable widget/plugin instead of a piece of code, but if that is the only option, that is fine too.

-Thank you!

Courtney

Hi Tiffany

Unfortunately there is no simple solution for this. You could add it as a widget if you do not want the month view to display elsewhere on your site. The widget text code would be this:

[tribe_events tribe_bar="true"]

And then you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance ยป Customize ยป Additional CSS

#tribe-events-content {display:none !important}

However, that will leave the regular /events page without a month view. ๐Ÿ™

Some users have reported success using various Custom Post Type search widgets available on WordPress.org/plugins. However, the leading plugins that we used to recommend haven’t been updated in 2+ years, so I don’t have an ideal recommendation for that either.

Let me know if you find a good solution.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Tiffany Fabricius
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your response. Actually, I originally had success with this widget: https://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-mashup/

with the free version of your events calendar (or the original events calendar). However, now that I have upgraded to Events Community, it will not pull from the event page anymore. However, what this widget did with the original events calendar was perfect (gave me search results within a certain zipcode). Not sure if there is any obvious reason as to why this might be? Or what I should try?

Also, could you please tell me what those leading plugins that you used to recommend were? Maybe I could install them and see if they do what I need, might be worth a shot anyway. I really need this functionality, otherwise the events community calendar is not useful to me.

Thank you!

Courtney

Hello Tiffany

I found these plugins while scrolling way back through our archives of support:

I haven’t tested these, and they are more than 2 years out of date. ย I hope you find something that works for you. Keep us posted.
    Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search widget for events?’ is closed to new replies.