Search term is cleared when Next Page link is clicked

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search term is cleared when Next Page link is clicked

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Graphic
    Participant

Hello,

When we enter a search term into the Events Calendar search bar, the first page of results shows up correctly. Then if the “Next Events” link is clicked, it displays all events rather than the next page of results for that search term.

For an example, visit http://rotarycentreforthearts.com/events/list/ and type “drum circle” into the Events Calendar search bar. The results will show just upcoming drum circle events. Then if you click the Next Events link, it will default back to display all events rather than just drum circle events.

Do you know why this is happening? Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Graphic,

Good question! I tried reproducing this issue ina  variety of circumstance to no avail. Then I took a second look at your website. It looks like your theme’s Ajax may be kicking in and interfering with our ajax request. In other words it could be a theme conflict. To proceed with finding a solution we first want to confirm what is conflicting. This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Graphic
    Participant

Hi Brook,

If I activate the twenty fifteen theme, the next link works perfectly when navigating to the next page of Events Calendar search results. Looks like an Enfold theme conflict, as I didn’t deactivate any plugins. What do we do from here?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Graphic,

Thanks for sharing the details of your test. The first thing I would do in your shoes is contact Enfold. They should be made aware of the bug in their theme. They will likely be keen to fix it as soon as they have the resources, and then will release an updated version of Enfold you can download.

I will also reach out to  our developer that knows that team at Enfold and see if he wasnt to reach out as well, but typically getting involved through those administrative channels can take a bit longer. So if I were you I would open up a topic on the Enfold forums now and not wait.

Does that sound like a plan?

Cheers!

– Brook

Graphic
    Participant

I’ve posted a ticket with Enfold. Hopefully they can resolve this, thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for keeping me updated. If we have any developments on our end I will update you as well. Cheers!

– Brook

Graphic
    Participant

Hi Brook,

We’ve found a conflict between the Enfold child theme “Preloading -> Page Transitions” option and the Events Calendar search query results.

Enfold Preloading can be selected and the Events Calendar search query works fine
    But if Enfold Preloading AND Page Transitions are selected, the Events Calendar search query doesn’t work past the first page of results

Enfold has been made aware and they said they will look at a fix but recommended I let you know in case you can come up with a fix sooner.

Here’s the thread: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/the-events-calendar-search-results-next-page-error/?login_error#post-560756

If you need more info, let me know. Thanks again

Graphic
    Participant

PS – Ismael at Enfold asked me to give you the following message:

Please inform them that the preloader script is located on the js > avia.js file. Look for the “avia_site_preloader” function. Maybe it will help with debugging. Thank you!

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for sharing the link and everything. I stumbled across something that might be related. Our plugin generates the Next/Prev Events links in the HTML, then it updates their hrefs with JS. The link in the HTML will drop the search term, the link provided via JS preserves it. This is likely related to our problem here. Something in the Enfold preloader and transitions is likely causing this JS to not run.

A feature we have planned but not scheduled is to remove those links reliance on JS. When that happens this conflict will likely be fixed for good. In the mean time I see your site is working again. I take it you must have disabled page transitions. Is that going to be a workable solution for now?

• Brook
    Graphic
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully that fixes it. And yes, in the meantime I have disabled page transitions and will leave it this way until the fix is in place. I’ll keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks again

Brook
    Participant

Sounds good. I appreciate you getting back. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Search term is cleared when Next Page link is clicked’ is closed to new replies.