Search special shortcode for archive page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search special shortcode for archive page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Maybe someone can help me get on the right track:
    I want to create an archive page of only one category. It should only be a brief overview of reference purposes, which exhibitions have already taken place here before, without first scrolling through the entire program, filtering and clicking more than once.

Is there a way to display shortcuts of only one category with Shortcode, which should show only the main date of a date series? I do not want to change the main setting for displaying recurring events. The normal list views should continue to show all the events of a series.

I would be very grateful for directions.

Best regards

Best regards

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am happy to help! 🙂

If you want to show a list of events for one category you can use a shortcode like this >

[tribe_events view="list" category="barbecue"]

You can find all the options for this shortcode in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

If you want to limit the list views to only show the first instance of a recurring event, you can go to Events > Settings > General and enable the Recurring event instances checkbox. You can find out more about this feature and others for recurring events here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/#display

I hope that helps and let me know if any other questions.

Best!

Victor

Anne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

thanks…

Yes, basically I had already understood with the shortcodes, but in the interplay with the second part of my question, there may be connections or possibilities that I do not know.

For the second part of the question, your answer does not really help me.

Of course, I had already found this setting possibility, but … I try to make it more concrete:

I need two ways to view the events on my website. On the one hand all events on each individual day of the next coming days (Home – Sidebar – Widget Mini Calendar). AND then I have special posting pages with other content – we call them “category page” or “archive page” – AND here I need ONLY the overview of the main events (along with other content).

If I set the hook in the main settings of the plugin, that only the first appointment of the series should be displayed, I miss on the start page Events in the list view. If from the 1.4.-30.4. an exhibition is open or on these days always the same film is shown, must be on every single day in this list to be seen! The events are NOT to be seen in this list every day, if I choose the option to show only the main date of a recurring event.

If the hook in the main setting is not set, I get on the “category pages” or “archiv page” this effect: I have 30x photo of the one exhibition, which runs 30 days. This disrupts the view of the next exhibitions. I need only 1 photo view of the current exhibition and 1x the view for the next 3 planned exhibitions.

I set the hook in the main setting, then my “category pages” are ok, but I miss the list of events on the start page the events on many days.

I do not want the visitor to scroll for a long time or click through a filter or select a category first.

I hope I could describe it well. I hope it’s possible to do what I need. Maybe I just have a knot in my head or I missed something?

Very hopeful,
    Best regards,

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

I’m really sorry I misunderstood what you meant. I didn’t understand the first time what you meant here “I do not want to change the main setting for displaying recurring events.”

Unfortunately, that is not something you can easily configure with a shortcode. You would have to go for a customization here.

While we don’t support customizations, I would like to help you out and at least give you a posible approach. I will reach the team and try to come up with a solution for you but it may take a day or more depending on the amount of work we have, so please hang in there.

Thanks!

Victor

Anne
    Participant

Thank you, Victor, I will wait here …

Best Regards…

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

I just wanted to let you know that we are very busy at the moment and also part of the team is out for the annual team retreat. So, it may take us longer than I expected to review this and come up with something you can use.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with.

Best!

Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

I’m really sorry for the delay here. In addition to our heavy work we’ve had some unexpected team changes that resulted in longer delays.

I just wanted to follow up on this to see if you are still in need of our help here. We may have some time available to go through this topic this week so let me know if you were able to solve this on your own. If not, then let me know and we’ll be happy to review this and think of something.

Thanks,
    Victor.

Anne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I’m sorry to hear…

No, I have not yet progressed and I am still hoping for a solution or idea in the approach. Meanwhile, the site is online, you can take a look: http://brotfabrik.glashaus-ev.de/

Best regards,
    Anne

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne,

I’ve been doing some tests to only show the first instance of each recurring event in some pages and it seems possible with a few snippets of code, but it really depends in which pages you want them to show or not.

Could you please tell me exactly in which pages you DO want to show all instances of a recurring event and in which ones you do NOT want them to show? You can send me the links to be more specific.

Thanks,
    Victor.

Anne
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    That would be wonderful!
    Recurring events should ONLY appear in the sidebar of the home page with all appointments. Best with the widget showing both the mini calendar and the next 10 events => http://brotfabrik.glashaus-ev.de/
    I am curious how this will go 🙂
    Best regards,
    Anne

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

I’m really sorry it took me so long to come back. I know you were expecting this to happen.

With the team help, I managed to come up with a way to only show the recurring events in the sidebar under the mini calendar widget like you say.

First, you should enable the Recurring event instances checkbox, so they won’t show up in the lists.

Then, you should add the following code snippet in your theme’s functions.php file that will make all the recurrences show up in the sidebar:

function hide_subsequent_recurrences( $query ) {
    $query->set( 'tribeHideRecurrence', 0 );
    }
    function mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_start() {
    add_action( 'tribe_events_pre_get_posts', 'hide_subsequent_recurrences', 5 );
    }
    function mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_stop() {
    remove_action( 'tribe_events_pre_get_posts', 'hide_subsequent_recurrences', 5 );
    }
    add_action( 'tribe_events_mini_cal_before_the_title', 'mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_start' );
    add_action( 'wp_ajax_tribe-mini-cal', 'mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_start' );
    add_action( 'wp_ajax_nopriv_tribe-mini-cal', 'mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_start' );
    add_action( 'tribe_post_get_template_part_pro/widgets/mini-calendar-widget', 'mini_cal_widget_hide_subsequent_recurrences_stop' );

I hope it helps! 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Search special shortcode for archive page’ is closed to new replies.