Search Results show date created not date of event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Results show date created not date of event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marian
    Participant

I apologize, because I believe I saw this information before, but I can’t find it. two questions
    1) How do I configure the information in search result so that the event shows the date/time of the event instead of the date created?
    example: http://www.celebratefamily.us/?s=here+comes+santa
    2) what/how do I control the appearance of the graphics in a search result. I would like the featured image graphics to be smaller.

Thank you in advance.
    Marian

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marian,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out with your questions! Let me help you with that.

For most of your questions you will need to do a bit of customization of your theme files.We are quite limited in supporting customization (not to even mention customization of your theme files), let me still give you some tips on how you could achieve the desired result.

I see you are already using a child theme, that’s a good start.

You will need to customize / adjust the template for the search results. There should be a file called search.php in your parent theme folder. Check if that looks like the one that produces the results, or maybe it calls another template.

The theme twenty seventeen calls for a template like this:
    get_template_part( 'template-parts/post/content', 'excerpt' );
    So in this case you need to find the file twentyseventeen/template-parts/post/content-excerpt.php and create an override for that in the child theme.

Once you identify the file you should be able to see how the images are handled and you can change that setting.

In order to add the event start date to the search results you will need to add this line to the appropriate place:

For removing the post date from events, you will again either need to add a conditional when the post dates are echoed (so that posts still show it), or totally remove it. You can even combine, like if blog post, then post date; elseif tribe_events, then event start date.

I can try to answer some more questions, but there is little else beyond the above. Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Results show date created not date of event’ is closed to new replies.