Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jonah
    Participant

Rob, I was experiencing it in 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 – ticket is #14231

Rob

Thanks Jonah. Weird; according to our projects system, Caleb, and the testing we did against a number of use cases…this should have been fixed in the 2.0.3 release. If it wasn’t that means something else is at play. Do you still have problems if you change the permalink settings a bit?

Caleb

I am still having the issue after changing permalink settings. You can see here that SOME of the results are returning the correct path, but not every one. http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/?s=SMORGASBREWERY If you look at the next to last result, it’s still linking to the 1970 date.

Rob

Weird. Alright Caleb, thanks. Let me see if one of our other devs has a suggestion here. Sorry this keeps coming up for you.

Joey Kudish

Hi Caleb,

I’m the developer who worked on this particular issue with the 2.0.3 release. I’d like to help you troubleshoot this. Can you please confirm that you are running WordPress 3.3.1, and The Events Calendar 2.0.3 and The Events Calendar Pro 2.0.3 – I want to rule out any possibilities of out of date core/plugin before I dig deeper?

Let me know and if needed, I’ll look into it some more.

Thanks,
    Joey

Caleb

Sure thing,

Verified:

WordPress 3.3.1

Events Calendar PRO Version 2.0.3 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | Support

The Events Calendar Version 2.0.3 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | Support

Joey Kudish

Great, thanks Caleb. I’ll try to reproduce the issue on my test site and see if I can find a resolution. I’ll be in touch soon.

Thanks

Joey Kudish

Hi Caleb,

I’ve been able to duplicate this on my end, it’s definitely an issue in our code. I’ve just logged the issue in our issue tracker and we’ll resolve it for the 2.1 release. If we can provide a temporary solution, we’ll post it here!

Thanks & best regards!
    Joey

Rob

Hey Caleb. Just wanted to give you a heads up that I talked to Joey today and got the code you should need here. You’re looking for line 415 of lib/the-events-calendar.class.php. It’ll currently read:
    if( function_exists('tribe_is_recurring_event') && $post->post_type == self::POSTTYPE && tribe_is_recurring_event($post->ID) ) {
    Change that to:
    if( function_exists('tribe_is_recurring_event') && $post->post_type == self::POSTTYPE && tribe_is_recurring_event($post->ID) && !is_search()) {. Notice the addition of && !is_search() at the end of the if statement.

Let us know if that still gives you any issues. We’ll have this officially patched in the 2.1 code too.

Julien
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same kind of problem.
    I’ve created recurring events. You can see here : http://saintpierre.delareunion.net/agenda/categorie/brocantes/
    It’a category page which listed all events in that category. I use WordPress’s “excerpts”.
    The title’s link is good but the Read More’s lire means to a 404 because that link adds 1970-01-01 at the end of the URL.
    ECP and ECP Pro are updated to the late version.
    I’ve created the events before updating to the late version. Does it has something to do?

Rob

Julien: it could, have you tried to see whether this issue persists with newly created events too? Please make sure to flush your permalinks before trying, just to be safe.

Julien
    Participant

I can’t recreate this events (more than 30 recurring events).
    It’a serious problem for me because all my events lead to a 404 !

Julien
    Participant

Wordpress excerpts don’t retrieve the good URL. I don’t understand because this event ending with 1970-01-01 doesn’t stay in database (I’ve checked) !

Rob

So are you saying the problem doesn’t persist with new events, just remains on old ones?

Julien
    Participant

I’ve not tested !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.