Search Function Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Search Function Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Olivia
    Participant

I’m having trouble with the search feature. We have 1 upcoming event and when I search by keyword in the “Search” field (that is included in that listed) it says “no results found” even though there are event(s) that should show. Any suggestions? Definitely don’t have caching enabled.

Also, how do I change the “Location” field title. Most users type in a state there and don’t realize they have to put in a zip code for that field to work. So, really it should say “Zip code” vs “Location”.

Geoff

Hello Olivia,

So sorry for the search troubles here — let’s see if we can pin down the issue together. 🙂

First off, I do see you have another thread open with us where it was recommended that both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO be updated to their latest versions. Have you done that yet? If so, has it made any difference?

If you’ve updated the plugins and still see the issue, it would be awesome if you could head to Events > Settings > Help, copy the updating System Information at the bottom of the screen and paste it all here as a private reply. That will help me look for any other red flags that might be causing the issue.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Oh, and sorry for not addressing the second part of your question!

You can change that with some Javascript, which you can either add using a plugin like this:

$('#tribe-bar-geoloc').attr('placeholder', 'New placeholder text');

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Function Issue’ is closed to new replies.