Search function behaving odd

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search function behaving odd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi,

I´m using the standard search/filter function for a site I´m developing.
    It allows visitors to search on Date, Location or, the general Search, which, I assume, works on any info used.
    For some reason, if I want to filter on basis of location, this general Search filter works better than the Location filter.

The site is currently running in a test environment, which can be accessed via the lengthy URL http://www.cvah.branspyre-testomgeving.nl/markten/categorie/markten/
    , where you´ll find the calendar.

The site is Dutch, hence I´ll convey a couple of translations:
    – Event/Events > Markt/Markets
    – Date > Datum
    – Search > Zoeken
    – Locatie > Location

For instance, search for an event (markt), using Aalten in the Zoeken filter bar and in the Locatie filter bar. The former, gives the correct result instanly. The same happens with the other events. Try, for instance, Wageningen. Same result.

Any help/insight is appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Ruud

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To start, can you take a look at your venues and ensure that the appropriate lattitude and longitude settings are populated for the events? You can check these within the dashboard by going to the venue and clicking the checkbox at the bottom of the metaboxes there to show those fields.

Thanks!

Ruud
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes, well, they are empty. I reckon then these constitute the basis of the Location filter?
    Should these be filled in manually?
    Is it possible to hide the Location filter?

Regards,
    Ruud

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

Taking a closer look at your site, it does appear the location information that I was thinking of is getting applied to venues since they are showing up on the map view. If the location was missing, there would be a prompt in your dashboard stating that the information was missing and giving the option to automatically generate all of that data.

You can disable the location search within the Events settings under the Display tab and selecting the “Hide location search” checkbox there.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ruud
    Participant

I think the postal codes of my events/venues is not specified sufficiently.
    In the Netherlands, the syntax is 1111 aa, so 4 numbers followed by 2 letters. The list that I received only has numbers, which covers a wider area, hence making the search on location basis inaccurate.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

Awesome! Glad you were able to find the solution here!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Search function behaving odd’ is closed to new replies.