Search Function

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Renna
    Participant

I have a group that wants to post events in the New York City area. I want them to be able to put in NYC FIT PRO in the keyword search function so I made a NYC FIT PRO category and I added NYC FIT PRO as a tag. When I search for events with NYC FIT PRO it does not come up.

I do not want to do a location search because this is a specific group, and the location search doesn’t capture all of the events in the area that this group wants to add.

Why aren’t any events coming up if I have added them as a category and used the keywords? This should be a no brainer

Courtney

Hi Anthony

That is the default behavior.

You can provide the links to the category http://continuefit.com/events/category/nyc-fit-pro/ or tag http://continuefit.com/tag/nyc-fit-pro/ as a simple and fast solution.

We’re limited in helping with styling customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

However, a starting point to customize can be found in the Themer’s Guide.

<?php
            echo tribe_get_event_categories(
                get_the_id(), array(
                    'before'       => '',
                    'sep'          => ', ',
                    'after'        => '',
                    'label'        => null, // An appropriate plural/singular label will be provided
                    'label_before' => '<dt>',
                    'label_after'  => '</dt>',
                    'wrap_before'  => '<dd class="tribe-events-event-categories">',
                    'wrap_after'   => '</dd>',
                )
            );
            ?>

This code is from our single event template and it could be added to an override for list/single-event.php (to add categories both to list view and event search, per each listed event).

Add this snippet to either your child theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin.

This is just a starting point, and you may need to do some more work to get this finished up. Let us know how it progresses. 

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Function’ is closed to new replies.