Search Function

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Search Function

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linnea

I have seen conflicting information on the various forums regarding the keyword search function. Please share the exact field(s) that are searched using the keyword search as well as the exact field(s) searched using the location search.

LS

Caroline

Hi Linnea,

Thanks for reaching out–happy to help clarify this for you! Our keyword search, which functions as part of our core calendar plugin The Events Calendar, behaves in the same manner as a standard WordPress keyword search and searches for matching keywords within event titles, descriptions, and excerpts. Events Calendar PRO‘s location search employs a different search mechanic entirely, bypassing a keyword search in favor of a true location search based on Google Maps geolocation data for your event venues. 🙂

I hope that helps to clear things up a bit! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Linnea

Perfect. Thank you. I think the filter bar is in our future.

Caroline

Hi Linnea,

You’re very welcome, and we’re happy to hear it! Let us know if you should have any other questions about Filter Bar or any of our other plugins! Since you’ve gone ahead and marked this thread as resolved, I’m going to go ahead and close it out for now. Thanks so much again for stopping by, and please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else we can do to assist! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Function’ is closed to new replies.