Search for events near your exact location

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Search for events near your exact location

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Klaudia

Hi,

I would like to create a website gathering specific events in my city. However, I would like the users to be able to search for events near their homes (so that the closest events show up first). Does The Event Calendar PRO provide this option? In demo and in some website using your product I could only search for events near my city, not my address.

In general I am not sure if The Events Calendar is a suitable option for an event directory website that I am planning. There will be really many, many events with many available search filters. But the exact location search is very, very important for me.

I will be grateful for any advice:)

Klaudia

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Klaudia!

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your questions.

There’s a few different ways you can search by location in our plugins. The default search bar has a “location” field that you can type in city, state, country, etc.

We also have a Filterbar plugin that allows more specific location searches, and even has a “distance from” option that shows when the location search is being used. However, all of these features are geared toward finding the events in a specific city or town. If you’re wanting to get much more specific, like areas within a single city, I’m not sure how helpful they would be.

There is also a “Map” view in the Pro plugin that may be useful for seeing what’s happening in certain parts of town.

All of our premium plugins have a 30 day refund period, so feel free to try them out to see if they will meet your needs. If not, you can get all of your money back.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Search for events near your exact location’ is closed to new replies.