Search Events in backend gives Invalid Post Type

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Events in backend gives Invalid Post Type

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Freeze
    Participant

In the Events list in the backend, the Search Events function returns empty results for all searches. If I try a second search while no events are showing, I get the Invalid Post Type error.

Searches from the frontend find everything. Using the Add a Filter function, I can find strings in Title or Description. It’s just the Search Events field on the right side that fails…. My client would like to be able to search in one place for multiple fields, though, so they’d really like this function to work.

I disabled all plugins (except Akismet), since some of them offer backend functionality (like CMS Tree Page View). It made no difference.

I’m running latest versions of everything: WordPress 4.0, TEC 3.8.1, TEC Pro 3.8.1, and TEC:Community Events 3.8.2.

Dennis Freeze
    Participant

One more thing: I didn’t disable the theme before I posted the message, since it was just backend stuff. So I tried it anyway now, and the search works properly. I didn’t know that a theme could affect backend code — how do I figure out the problem?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the troubles you are having with the search and thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you have taken.

Yes indeed a theme can change the backend, many themes include widgets in theme created using the theme.

We are not able to provide to much support on theme issues, but I can help answer some questions.

What theme are you using? And are you able to reach out to the developer to ask if they might know what the cause is? The reason I am asking that is they know their codebase better then we would and may have a quick solution.

Otherwise I would check your error logs and see if there is a error on a specific line of code to help point out the issue.

Let me know and I can try to help out.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Events in backend gives Invalid Post Type’ is closed to new replies.