Search events in a specified city – not in it's area

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Search events in a specified city – not in it's area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    reimedia
    Participant

Hi,
    is it possible, to select only events in a city, not in it’s area?

Regards,
    Thomas

Barry

Hi Thomas,

Great question.

So if I’m understanding you correctly and the map view search distance limit setting is (for example’s sake) 40km, and a customer searches for events in Vancouver, you want the results to be limited strictly to venues in the city itself and not merely within a 40km radius of its centre-point?

If so, then I am sure that is feasible but of course isn’t something facilitated by our plugin “out of the box” and there are a number of things to consider in making such a change – particularly an examination of the Google Maps/Geolocation API, which this all relies upon, to see if it is practical to tightly restrict results in that way.

While this is sufficiently complicated that we can’t really assist in the short term we would absolutely welcome any feature requests you might post along these lines for future consideration.

Thanks (and let me know if I’m misunderstanding the issue)!

reimedia
    Participant

Hi Barry,

does the search panel always use the google geo api? Or is the a way to search strictly the entered city?

Yours,
    Thomas

Barry

The Location field certainly ‘maps’ through to the code that essentially hinges on Google’s API. However, that’s an interesting question and I daresay if you knew the actual venue data was accurate (ie, the city field was correct in each case) you could certainly rewire it and/or restrict searches generally to results where the event is assigned to a venue with a certain value in the city field.

So yes that’s another option you could explore (though, again, we can’t provide particularly deep support for a customization like this).

Hope that helps 🙂

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you need further help though, for this or any other issue, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search events in a specified city – not in it's area’ is closed to new replies.