Search doesn’t include category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search doesn’t include category

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    indycourses
    Participant

The search feature doesn’t include the category that an item is categorized in: it appears to only search the title and description of the event.

Example:
    <link removed>
    Search for “cooking” – nothing comes up. But, the course displayed on the url above is in the cooking category.
    Contact me for user/pass.

Cliff

Hi Indy.

WordPress’ default search will only return single posts, pages, or custom post type results. As you’ve seen, searching “cooking” will not return the Cooking category’s archive page as a result.

However, I found a third party plugin (no guarantees made by us) called Search Everything that will return posts assigned to the Cooking category if that will suffice for you.

I tested with our Event Categories (which is a custom taxonomy) and checking this box in Search Everything’s settings page did work like I stated.

I couldn’t access your link because of the user/pass requirement so I don’t know if you renamed our plugin’s “events” to “courses” or if you’re just trying to get this working with WordPress’ default categories, but I hope this helps you get things working how you’d like.

Please let me know how things go for you.

indycourses
    Participant

This reply is private.

indycourses
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I now understand you’re asking about the Tribe Bar’s search and Event Categories instead of WordPress’ native search and Post Categories.

I didn’t find that as an existing feature request at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

Please do add your feature request there.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

Once you post it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

indycourses
    Participant
    Cliff

Excellent. Thank you very much for sharing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Search doesn’t include category’ is closed to new replies.