Search Criteria

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Criteria

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    weezypops
    Participant

Hi,

What factors determine which events are returned in a search? Is it just the text in the description? If so, is there a way to get it to look at tags too? I have the Filter Bar add on but am concerned that some events will be lost if people don’t think to refine by category etc. and just base it on the text search as this seems quite hit and miss.

For example. I have events that are tagged with ‘Baby Group’ and ‘Baby and Toddler Group’ and are in the category ‘Baby and Toddler Group’ but are not returned if I search for those things, I’m assuming because it’s not in the text. This just seems like it’s missing a lot of possible results.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Unfortunately, event categories aren’t included in the Tribe Events Bar search results without the use of another plugin such as SearchWP (haven’t tested so I cannot vouch) or developing some custom code to include categories in the results.

I took a quick look at our UserVoice Feature Ideas and came across this request which resembles what you’re after: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15170253-tribe-bar-keyword-search-to-include-category.

I’ll also paste below an answer made by another support team member on a relative question:

Easy way: Add the name of your category somewhere in the content of the event. You could even just have a “Tags: Exhibitions” or something like that at the bottom beneath the rest of your verbiage.

Hard but better way: If you are familiar with WP API and search terms, then you could hook into the Tribe Bar search and add the logic to search category names as well.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you at this time and please feel free to share the route you end up going. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Criteria’ is closed to new replies.